39 | Request

"You can't actually ride that, can you?" he had asked. I looked up from my feet, my cheeks red from embarrassment.

"I'm trying!" I smiled, looking back at my feet before kicking off the floor with one foot to catch momentum. Only a couple seconds lasted before I stumbled off the board. I watched the coloured wheels roll away, then picked up my a pair of hands.

"This should help you," he muttered, twisting a screw loose with a screw driver, "try it now." He rolled the board back to me. I looked at him, a small smile on his lips. I placed my foot on it pushing off lightly. A laugh escaped my mouth from happiness as I stayed standing on the black plastic. As the board slowed to a stop I jumped off in joy.

"Don't get too excited, you weren't going that fast." With those words, this unknown boy started to teach me how skate.

It wasn't long till I had become familiar with the movements, that we sat on the edge of the skate ramp.

"You know, I haven't actually gotten your name."

"Kayla, and you?" I answered, the warm colours of the sunset catching my eyes.

"Joseph." For some reason his name matched his look. He wore a "Iron Maiden" shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans and black vans.

I on the other hand wore, a pair of denim shorts paired with a plain white shirt, a red flannel wrapped around my waist. A pair of white converse to match.

"I gotta go." I sighed, a message from my mother showed up on my phone.
"Do you have Snapchat?" Joseph asked, pulling his phone from his back pocket. I nodded, opening the app. He did the same, then swapping phones to enter our usernames. Once the exchanged had been completed, I stood up and bid Joseph a goodbye.

It wasn't long before I had a received a Snapchat from him.

I miss you already.

Come back to me.

I'm alone

Kidding! My mate's here.

Still I miss you.

He's not as cool as you.

After couple weeks of meeting up and ugly selfies, had I developed a crush on Joseph.

Here we were, after school on a Wednesday, out limp bodies sunken into the couch. Xbox controllers in our hands, digital characters chase a digital ball. A shiver wracked my body as i played.

"Cold?" Joseph asked. I looked at him, a happiness lit up his eyes.

"Yes please." I whispered as he paused the game. Joseph stood up, leaving the room to get a comforter. 

"Here." He spoke sitting down in his seat. I shuffled over, cuddling into Josephs side.

"Warm, Cuddle-bug?"

"Of course I am. Thank you."  His nickname erupted butterflies in my stomach. 

It wasn't long after we had changed to watching a movie, that Joseph has fallen asleep, his head resting on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his messy hair.

"Little do you know how much I love you." I whispered before closing my eyes. Josephs hand took mine, holding it tight.

"I love you too."

***********************************************************************************************

Okay so i've been slacking, but i just got my laptop so HOPEFULLY i'll be updating more often.

This is for FanFiction_LEGENDS

hope you like it.

do expect more updates soon!!