Chapter 41

“Do you want me to come with you?” Avery asked as I opened the door.

“No,” I shook my head, “I think I got it, you don’t need to wait we can walk home.”

“Valarie? Really? I’m not going to leave you.” He told me.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” I asked.

“I don’t mind at all, I would do anything for you.” He told me I blushed and opened the door wider planning on getting out.

“Wait.”

“Yeah?” I asked turning back to him my heart pounding.

“Will you get my sister?”

I blinked surprised and then narrowed my eyes, “I’ll think about it.” I told him shutting the door and walking into the school with a smirk on my face, of coarse I would get his sister.

“Hey!” His voice filled the hallway and I turned around to face him, “You’ll think about it? What kind of answer is that?”

“Um.. I was kidding you knew I would pick up your sister.” I told him and he smiled.

“I know, I wanted to come with you.” He shrugged taking my hand as pulled me along down the hall.

“What room is it?” He stopped halfway down and I smirked.

“You can’t lead if you don’t know where it is can you?” I asked playing with him.

“Shut up.” He mumbled glaring at me.

I laughed, “It's right here smart ass.”  I whispered quietly after all we were in an elementary school.

He laughed as the bell rang making all the doors in the hallway fly open and the hallway flood with children.

“Piglet!” Aden yelled and I barely had enough time to turn around before he engulfed me in a hug. Piglet was a nickname he gave me a long time ago when he was obsessed with Winnie the Pooh. When I asked him why he told me it was his favorite character, I thought it was sweet and went with it.

I laughed, “Hey Ade. How was school?”

“You’re here.” he mumbled into my stomach and squeezed me tighter.

“I told you I would be.” I ruffed up his hair.

“I know.” He shrugged. Something wasn’t right. I grabbed his hand and we walked away with Avery following behind us. “Val?” He leaned over and whispered.

“Yeah?” I whispered back

“There’s some guy following us. What do we do?”

I looked over my shoulder and Avery was following at a creepy distance away that looked like he was stalking us instead of following us as friends. He was watching our every step and smiled a little when our eyes met.I laughed and looked down atAden’s scared face, “That’s just Avery, he’s a friend.”

“Oh.” He said then smiled at me before looking over his shoulder, “Hey, are you going to hurry up or are you just a slow poke?”

I heard Avery laugh behind me and suddenly he was right next to me.

“You must be Aden, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Avery told him with a smile.

“Yeah I am.” He told him. I laughed as Avery smirked down at him. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Picking up my sister and giving you a ride home.” Avery told him as he opened the door to the preschool room  for us.

“Oh, okay.” Aden shrugged.

“Valarie!” Lux squealed when she saw us.

“She likes you more than she likes me.” Avery told me shoving his hands in his pockets, glaring at me playfully.

“It’s because I’m awesome and don’t deny it because lets face it we both know it's true.” I smirked at him.

He smiled, “I wasn’t going to deny it, but I am way awesomer than you.”

I snorted. ”In your dreams.”

“What ever makes you sleep at night.” He laughed.

“Rosie, come on.” I called out to her. She was playing with Lux and I smiled I knew they would be friends.

“You too Lux, Lets go.” Avery called out next to me.

Both girls looked at each other and smiled before making their way over to us. What was going on in their little four year old minds?

“Can I go over to Lux’s house?” Rosie asked as she put on her jacket.

“No.” Aden said quickly looking up at me.

“Maybe another day.” I told her softly, “we got to get home to make supper.”

“Tomorrow? That work for you?” Avery asked.

“I suppose.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

What is he planning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? I love Aden but he's hiding something with how he's acting...:P