22~The old's jealousy.

Start from the beginning

"Sure," we walk to the elevator getting in and pressing the first-floor button.

We stand in an uncomfortable silence, the elevator starts moving and suddenly stop. "What happened?" Marie-Anne asks pressing the button over and over again.

"It's just some technical difficulties," I assure her. She shuts her eye sighing and starts pacing around, "that's right, you're afraid of small spaces," I say. "Call the front desk and tell them that you're stuck in the elevator," I tell her. That's what happens when you work in an old building.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

Nearly ten minutes have passed and the elavator still isn't working. Feeling tired from standing on my feet, I take a seat on the floor, Marie-Anne still paces around the room sweating like she is going to die. "Sit down," I order. She stares at me not moving, "come on, just sit down," I tell her again. She sits down beside me, criss cross apple sauce like a little kid. "You see it doesn't seem so bad when you're sitting down does it?" I ask her.

"No, it doesn't," she says staring up the ceiling. Maybe we should just try to climb out the elevator like they do in the movies, it always works.

"Distracting yourself will help," I tell her. She nods her head not minding to say anything back. "So, what's going on with you and Tyler?" I ask her trying to distract her. Maybe, I was just being nosy.

"What do you mean?" She asks like she has no idea what's going on between her and Tyler.

"You're going to go Justin Bieber on me, really?" I joke. She smiles nodding her head, "I mean what the question basically says, what's going between you two?"

"I still don't get what you mean, but nothing is going on between us," she lies. You could always tell when she is lying, she's not good at it. I wonder how she keeps her job when lawyers basically lie for a living.

"Why does he come here, doesn't he have a job to do or something?" I ask.

"No, he quit his job?" She says leaning her hand on my shoulder. That's new news, I did not know that.

"Why?" I am curious to know what's going on in his life.

"He said he wanted to enjoy life more or something?" She says doing a weird movement with her hand.

"Good for him," I say sarcastically. Everyone wishes that they could just quit their job to enjoy life more, I mean who does that?

"Why do you care?" She asks.

"I don't," I say.

"Sounds like you do, I mean you come here all the time, don't you have a job to do?" She asks. Using, my words against me, very funny.

"Yes I do, but I'm between breaks plus I can literally work from my phone and that's why I have an assistant so I don't have to work a lot," I tell her.

"Well Tyler doesn't work, that's why he's here and he isn't always here," she says rolling her eyes at me.

"Why are you defending him?"

"Why are you bothering him?"

"Okay fine, I'm sorry for bothering your man," she rolls her eyes at me more.

"There's nothing going on between us, Dylan, so, stop the jealousy," she says getting up.

"I'm not jealous," I say getting up also.

"Of course you aren't," she whispers sarcastically. "Jealousy's not a good trait, you know?" She comes up close to me staring into my dull eyes, she has a smirk planted on her face. I am not jealous, why would I be? It's not like there is anything between us.

"You should know," I snap back at her. She chuckles rolling her eyes more. How many times is she going to roll her eyes at me, don't they hurt? She comes up close to me invading my personal space, it's not like I mind thought. She is about to say something when the elevator starts running again.

"Thank goodness, I thought I was going to be stuck for hours in here with you," she says pressing the tenth story's button.

"Don't act like you wouldn't like it," I joke, "and I thought we were going to get coffee?"

"We were, but I have to get back to work. Tyler is waiting, wouldn't want to keep my man waiting," I chuckle not minding her comment.

The elevator reaches her floor, Marie-Anne steps out thinking the gods, "I'll walk you to your office so your man doesn't have to wait," I tell her.

"Thank you," she says as we enter her hallway, "You want to do something later?" She asks.

"You sure your man won't get mad?" I ask her.

"Stop," she says in all seriousness. We reach her door and she stops walking, "he's not my man and there's nothing to worry about," she adds.

"I don't worry," I tell her. My phone vibrates in my pocket indicating that I have a message, "I have to get back to work," I tell her not even bothering to read the message.

"Yeah," she says. She gives me a hug pulling away shortly after.

"Come here," I say taking her hand before she has a chance to walk away. I look her in the eye and kiss her.

Her office door opens showing Tyler.

AN

Crappy chapter...I'm sorry.

VOTE and COMMENT...

Au Revoir...