Ballroom

You were assigned to an undercover mission, you had to go to an 18th century themed ball and watch a suspect, accused of kidnapping and selling girls on the black market. It was dangerous, but you had to go, you were the only one that could on the night of the ball. You dressed up in pigtails, a big pink puffy ball gown and a matching headdress. You hid a gun under your skirt and had an emergency wire tab on your gloves.

You went to the ball alone, although you were told that there'd be other detectives there. You entered and the room was filled with big dresses and tailed suits. People dressed as maids and butlers were serving drinks and food out to the guests. There was ballroom music playing and most people were dancing around the hall. Before you could even examine the room, a man came up to you. He was tall, had black hair, and was wearing a tailed suit, he had dark bags under his eyes and quite a nasty slouch.

"May I have this dance?"

Well you had to blend in...

"Of course" you said, taking his hand.

You were lead into the dance floor and you both elegantly danced across the room.

"Don't be alarmed, (y/n)... I am L" he whispered to you.

You almost froze in shock.

"Y-you're here about the kidnappings too?" You said.

"Yes, I was informed you'd be here, I have information for you"

"I'm listening"

"The suspect. He's known on the black market as Viscount. He targets girls around your age, please don't stray away from me... if we loose a valued detective we're in trouble..."

"Ok..."

"He plans to take a girl from this ball, be extremely careful. There's no doubt he'd pick you, you have the beauty and appeal" L said.

You blushed a little as his words, but stayed professional.

"If he approaches you, play along but try and stay near me. If anything happened I assume you have a weapon under that skirt. Use that"

This guy was good. He knew about the weapon and who you were. He must be the real L...

"Oh my! How beautiful!"

You both turned at the sound of a mans voice.

The viscount.