Chapter 16

Ashley's P.O.V.

When I woke up the next morning I couldn't help but think about what Sam was saying last night. Was there really something going on between Aaron and I? I don't know but I can't stress over it now. I don't want to lose him as a friend.

I got up to go and use the bathroom, when I noticed Sam wasn't in the room. I looked around and spotted a note on the counter. Sam left it saying that she went down to the pool with Matt, Johnson, Gilinsky, and Nash. I figured since it was only 11 in the morning, I would go down to the studio again. It was a really nice place just to get away and relax.

I went and showered and got dressed into black leggings, a white cami, and a tan and navy blue striped cardigan. To complete the look I wore my tan boots with it. Once I was ready, I left the hotel and walked to the studio. On my way, I texted Sam letting her know that I would be at the studio again. I didn't expect a reply, thinking she would still be in the pool.

When I got to the studio I knew exactly what I was going to work on. I was going to work on All of Me by John Legend. I absolutely loved that song and I knew it pretty well. I wanted to just perfect it.

I'm playing piano with this song so that's exactly what I did. I sat down at the piano and started to play. I practiced a few times and then decided that it was perfect.

I brought the camera with me thinking I might record. And that's exactly what I was going to do. I set up the camera and started to record. I started with the traditional introduction and then started the song. It came out really well. All I had to do was a little editing to fix some weak spots and then post it.

I was watching the video when someone came in. "That was really good." A voice said that caused me to jump. I turned around and saw Aaron.

"Ummm thanks. What are you doing here?" I said quietly. I didn't want to seem rude but I also wasn't very comfortable with some people knowing I can sing until a certain time. I always felt like I would be judged.

"Sam said that you were here and I wanted to hang out with you. Is that ok?" He replied rubbing the back if his neck.

"Oh yah. That's fine. Come sit down." I said while I patted next to me on the piano bench. He walked over and sat down.

"Why didn't you ever tell me that you could sing, Ashley?" He asked after a minute of a semi-awkward silence.

"I've never been comfortable with some people knowing I can sing. Some people never found out and some found out at certain point. It just kind of comes on it's own. I didn't mean to purposely hide it from you, it's just I get nervous to tell people because I feel like I'm going to be judged about it." I answered nervously.

"Trust me Ashley, there is no need to be insecure about your voice. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing. If people judge you then they are just jealous. If they can't see how musically talented you are then they don't deserve your attention." He said then hugged me. I blushed as he said all of that because the only people who have ever said anything like that to me was my family, they just weren't aware of the fact that I can sing.

We pulled apart and just stared into each other's eyes. I looked at his lips for a quick second. I looked back at his eyes and I could've sworn I saw his flicker to my lips. I was nervous to say the least. We sat there for another minute before we both started to lean in. Once we were close enough, Aaron crashed his lips into mine. It was amazing. It was like all those perfect kisses described in books. There were sparks everywhere and butterflies in my stomach. We both pulled away and looked at each other for a few seconds before I looked away.

"So ummm, what do you want to do?" I asked avoiding his gaze. I was scared to look at him incase he might have regretted it. I wouldn't regret it at all. It was a perfect first kiss for me but I was scared to see his reaction.

"Umm, can you play All of Me so I can hear it 'live' instead of from a video?" He asked nervously. It was a little comforting to hear the nervousness in his voice. It made me think that it was okay that we kissed.

"Sure." I said then I played the song for him. He watched as I played, staring at my fingers as they pressed the keys on the piano. Every once in a while he would look up and watch me sing. When I finished, he complimented me saying that it was amazing. I didn't want it to feel awkward anymore so I asked him what he thought of the kiss. It may not have been the smartest idea but I still did it.

"So, I'm sorry about the kiss. If you regret it then we can just act like it never happened." I said shyly.

"What?! No! It was fine, and perfect." He said. "Ashley I just want to tell you that I really like you and I would never regret that kiss."

"Wow. Thanks because I actually really like you too and trust me I definitely don't regret it either. But we should probably head back to the hotel, it's kind of late." I said.

"Yah let's go." Aaron replied. We walked back to the hotel and he wanted to know about me doing the youtube channel. I explained it all as we walked hand in hand. When we got back to the room, still hand in hand, we needed to explain why we were holding hands. It was kind of hard to since we weren't actually dating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's short. Let me know what you thought by voting, commenting, however you want to.