A Bus Ride

Ivory kept jumping up and down on her seat. She could barely control herself. She had a large happy smile on her face showing off the large gap between her two front teeth.

This is going to be the best day ever.

The excitement that she seemed to carry extra of in her wasn't there for no good reason. She was on a flying bus for the first field trip of the year. They were high up in the sky and frequently, the bus would glide sideways in effort to not kill a passing, innocent bird.

Ivory stuck her face to the window and looked down only to see the outline of the sandy barricades of a land she can easily recognize and calls home. Yes, Apahava was where they were heading to. Just in time for the festivities of the Heloin Celebrations. A salute to the first king of Apahava, he who unified the as old as time tribes of Dieselv.

The heads of Matthews Academy, Ivory's school, thought it was important for its students to experience the culture of an often overlooked nation and thought this was the most perfect way to do it. Of course, Ivory did not care about this and was just happy that they were even going to Apahava in the first place.

This was a chance for all her classmates to appreciate and confess to the beauty of Apahava, which she was sure to happen.

"Apahava sucks, I heard that they have llamas everywhere."

"Looks like we wasted an hour from our lives so we can go to a huge farm." Ivory heard a girl in the back say. Ivory then sighed to herself.

"They'll never understand." Ivory quietly told herself.

This is one of the many reasons Ivory hates Matthews academy, it's filled with prissy princesses and princes who think they're better then everyone and disrespect people's home kingdom just like that. It's people like Chrystal Jones, the girl who made fun of Apahava that make Ivory so hated in school. Chrystal and her friends would spread rumors about her home country and how it's filled with poop from all the llamas lying around and how they won't bother to clean it up. These rumors would make it seem like Apahavians like Ivory seem unclean and just plain nasty.

The irony is that Chrystal and her friends have never visited Apahava.

Ivory sat silently on her seat with her smile gone as she continued to hear Chrystal and her friends say the most horrible things about Apahava. Ivory felt a tear creeping on her eyes and she quickly brushed her eyes with her hand.

Ivory then looked to her right to the bus window and slowly laid her head on her hand as she admired the marvelous pink fluffy clouds near the window.

But Ivory's moment of peace didn't last long as she heard someone in the back of the bus say "I heard from the cleaner that Ivory's bathroom is one giant mess. He says that there's literally poop everywhere."

And a loud creepy laugh that gave her chills followed through.

Unfortunately, this certain someone decided that this was something that needed to be said out loud for everyone one in the world to hear.

Ivory heard everyone giggling and laughing and could feel them staring at her. Ivory was so embarrassed that she imagined that her face was as red as a tomato as she was sitting on her seat with sweat on her face while she hears everyone laughing but then soon remembers that her face doesn't get red, not by embarrassment anyways.

Fortunately, she heard the bus driver with a name tag that says "Holly" loudly say, "Have any of you ever heard of respect and niceness? I'm genuinely surprised that a bunch of 12 year olds think it's okay to make fun of an actual kingdom and it's people and spread plain stupid rumors. The sign on the bus says 7th graders but all I see are 4 year olds."

Everyone then automatically became silent with guilt written on their faces.

Ivory's brown proud eyes and Holly's green fiery eyes soon met and both shared a smile.

Wow, she actually stood up for me

Ivory had a smile on her face and felt a tear in her eyes but this time it was a happy tear.

Her face kept the smile for the rest of the ride even though she continued to hear Chrystal and her friend insult the kingdom they were heading off to. Ivory realized that she shouldn't be so bothered by a person's ignorance and it's Chrystal and her friend's loss for not realizing how beautiful Apahava truly is.

___________________________

Okay so this is the first chapter of my book. I hope you liked it. The song above is the song that I think best describes this chapter,okay not best I'm sure there are other songs that fit this chapter better. I'm just to lazy to find a song that actually properly fits this chapter. If you know a song that describes this chapter way better,it'll be awesome of you to tell me of the song so I can check it out and switch it with the other song. If you find any spelling or grammar mistakes please tell me about them,I'd really appreciate it. And don't forget to vote if you liked it.