Chapter 11

//Gales pov//

Prim lays in a hospital bed silently still asleep from the accident. Her hands stitched and  bandaged, her head with a hot pack placed on it. Her beautiful face and body, bruised, scared, and cut up. I could've done more, I could've took her hand and led her behind me so she wouldn't have gotten  attacked. I could've done so much more, but I let her down. 

Tears start slowly fall down my face, what if she is gone forever? 

//Prims pov//

I keep my eyes closed knowing I should sleep, at least that's what Gale would have wanted me to do if he were here. 

His choked voice begins to sound from somewhere near. His heart at a death sentence, crying for help for his lover to return. Like the man in the hanging tree. 

"I'm so sorry Primrose, I let you down " He says as his throat clenches from his emotions. 

My eyes flutter open, putting what he said in the back of my head. 

//Gales pov// 

Prims eyes flutter open, as i wish mine were shut. 

"Prim!!!" I exclaim. I Lean over closer to her, viewing her eyes more deeply. "Are you okay?" I ask.

She nods and smiles, "Thank you." 

"Prim I have to tell you something."

"Yeah you go ahead." 

"You're not aloud to work in military anymore."

"Why?"

"I suggested it,"

"Gale you can't do that." rage fills her tone.

"Well I did and it's for your own good." I say

She sits up and winces. "No it's not!"

"Give me one reason why," I say

"I'll be with you," she says quietly.

"That doesn't matter." I say coldly.

"Oh you didn't just go there." tears start to form in her hazel eyes.

"Im Sorry Prim but I did."

"Your not sorry cause you still love Katniss!" She is sitting up on her bed, wincing every so often, staring at me in fury. I return the look getting up and going towards the tin door. 

"Where are you going?" she asks 

"Somewhere away from for you." I say, slaming the door shut.

What have I done?....