Claudia Night

Chapter 1 

While I'm on my daily schedule, I'm on a run. Number 2, on my list. Well, Fate decided to make me be running for my life, Number 1 on my list. Elizabeth, the oldest & most power hungry vamp in the world, is also involved in this little game.  

Wait! Is that a... guy? Yeah. There's a dude, about 17, waiting there.  

"Hey! Stop!" He yelled. He said it with such urgency I had to stop. He had dirty-blonde hair with shades of darker blue in it. He had semi-pale skin & piercing green eyes.  

"Look, I'm sorry. I-I don't have time to talk! I'm kinda in a hurry!" I turned around, but he grabbed my arm with incredible speed.  

"I know. I'm here to help you." His grip was tightening.  

"Look skippey-"  

"My name's not skippey. It's Jer. And you don't seem like the type to hang out in the graveyards of New Jersey." I shook my head slightly & replied,  

"Okay. Look Jer. You seem nice. But you have no idea what's after me. You're not-"  

"Nyx sent me." I could feel my eyes widening. "I know everything." Then I heard rustling.  

"Look. We don't have time to play games. Now get behind me." He scoffed & said,  

"No way. You're a girl. You get behind me." I gave him a look of disbelief. I chuckled despite myself.  

"No."  

"Aren't you scared?" I rolled my eyes.  

"No. But I am sick and tired of these goons of hers following me! Now, get behind-" I never got to finish because before I knew it, we were attacked. A huge werewolf jumped on me! I got it off of me &, did the only thing I could do against a werewolf, stabbed it with my silver knife.  

"Great! Just great!" Jer was acting ticked that I'd had all the fun. But I knew it was more than that...  

"Crap!" He looked at me strangely... I didn't like it.  

"What? Break a nail?" He teased. I narrowed my eyes at him. I knew he saw it. I tied up my long, red hair with dark black, blue, and lavender natural highlights in a ponytail. I knew, at that moment, he was a-  

"Vampire? Yeah. I'm a witch too," he said smiling. I knew it! 

"You're a... hybrid." I shook my head. I don't have time for this! "Look. Jer. Get out of here while you still can. I'll hold them off as long as I can!" He gave me a look like I was nuts or something!  

"What the heck are you talking about?" I was getting impatient.  

"We're surrounded! Go! I've handled these guys before!" I snapped. Instead, he got against my back held a fighter's stance.  

"I'm not leaving you." I had no time to argue, so I just reached out to him with my mind.  

You don't have to do this you know. You can leave. 

I know. 

So why don't you? 

What are we up against? He changed the subject to a more non-personal one. 

Werewolves, Trackers, Vampires, Watchers, Shape shifters, & Witches. I understand if you want to leave...  

Just then, they were all closing in on us.  

"Great. Now Let's see. Who will I take down first? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!" I slashed a witch's head off with the only thing that kills them... gold. The other witches backed off... there was a bloody battle & when we thought the coast was clear, we stood up. "Good job for a rookie." I teased.