9

Sang-

I woke to the sound of horns blaring. My head felt like I'd been punched and my eyes felt like I rubbed them with sandpaper. No amount of makeup was going to cover this. I needed to go see Eli and tell him what happened. Maybe he had some light to shed. I signed as I made my way to the shower. Stripping yesterday's clothes off, I stood under the steaming hot water and wished all the stress and problems could simply be washed down the drain. Wouldn't that be nice.
Once I was out I dressed in an off the shoulder baggy shirt and some leggings. Whoever invented leggings was a genius. I would live in them if I could. I threw on my converse and headed to the bus. Listening to music always helped clear my head. I could always think better when music was playing. It didn't even matter what kind. I didn't have a preference really. You can dance to pretty much any beat. Finding moves to any song was the fun part. The bus pulled up to the stop and I got off and unlocked the building. Eli wasn't in yet. I'd dance a little before he got here. Maybe I could fix my own life without anyone else's help. Yea right.
Eli showed up about an hour later. He walked in and took one look at me and pointed to his office. Great. I trudged inside as he shut the door.
"Alright, what happened? Who's gonna die?"
"No one. Or well I mean everyone but that's not what you're asking. I ran into Marie last night at a restaurant. She said she was going to tell my step mother where I was. I begged her to leave me alone, and then I ran. I couldn't face the guys. And I needed to get out of her sight before she made good on the threat. I just couldn't stand the looks on their faces and..."
"Whoa back up ok first, guys? Who were you with? I never can get you to go anywhere?"
"Gabe and his friends invited me to dinner and didn't give me much choice. I've found in the last few days it's easier to appease them otherwise they are relentless. It's no big deal. Obviously I can't have friends or a normal life while running from my sister and step mother." I sighed and looked at the ground as I drew my feet up under me and rested my cheek on my knee.
"You're normal. Don't say shit like that. So you had a shit childhood. What person living on this side of town didn't. I've told you my story and I'm better for it. I vowed never to make the mistakes of my parents. You are a great person. Obviously the guys see that if they want to hang out with you. Now as for your sister and step mom, they are bitches that don't deserve the time of day. It's been this long since they've had contact. I bet she was just trying to scare you. You're safe here. They have to go through me to get to you."
"Not at my apartment they don't." I muttered. He must have heard because the next thing I heard made me love him that much more as my best friend.
"So come stay with me until you find a new place." He shrugged like it was absolutely no big deal.
"I don't want to cramp your bachelor style. I would rather not hear things through the walls." I snickered.
"The only thing you'll be hearing is snoring. I don't and wouldn't bring anyone back to my place while I have someone staying there." I nodded
"Good to know. Are you sure it's ok? It would only be until I find something else."
"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't mean it. Just go pack some stuff and I'll watch the classes until you get back."
I sat there and looked at him like he was crazy. "Go." He nodded to the door and laughed.
I made my way back to the bus stop and to the apartment. I didn't have much but I needed to sort out the most important things to take and what could stay until I found another place. I could never repay Eli for this. He was my only friend for so long. That made my thoughts stray to the guys. I wonder if one of them knows any real estate stuff. I'll ask Gabe if he's there when I get back. Time to pack I guess.