[Jackson]

Requested by Elizabethaime

I'm getting dressed for today to see my parents with my boyfriend Jackson. Since I'm Haitian they expect a Caribbean guy or a Haitian guy who's a doctor or has enough money to support us if we ever get married.

My family isn't conservative or closed minded but they sometimes like to be traditional because that's just how they are.

"Are you sure you want to meet my parents? They tend to be a bit on the crazy side." I told Jackson.

"Babe it's fine, meeting your parents will be such a great moment for me."

"Okay but when they stuff fried plantains and fried pork down your mouth every minute don't come to me."

He looked at me funny but shooked it off.

***

We finally made it to the my family home but I didn't want to press the doorbell.

"Elizabeth what are you waiting for? Ring the bell."

"No Jackson we should go and come back tomorrow."

My boyfriend didn't want to take no for an answer and rung the bell. After two minutes my cousin Michelle opened the door.

"ELIZABETH!!" The female jumped on top of me as I happily hugged her back.

"I've missed you girl, where's your boo thang?"

I glanced at Jackson pointing at him.

"Umm he's not Haitian."

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Is he working in Haiti?"

"No."

Michelle looked at Jackson and shooked his hand. "Well it's nice to meet you."

"Same here, I'm Jackson."

"Michelle."

I let Jackson lead the way as Michelle and I was right behind. "You know your mom is going to kill this guy by feeding him food?"

"What else is new?"

Walking to the back porch I saw all of my family members dancing and drinking crémas. (A type of rum or Hennessey.)

Surprising my mom I gave her a kiss and smiled. "My beautiful daughter you've finally come. Where's your boyfriend you always talked about?"

Turning around Jackson was listening in awe feeling amazed by the new culture change and the fact that I look just like my mom.

My mother dropped her pork and looked at me. "Is he mixed?"

"No ma he's Chinese."

My mom hit my shoulder. "Why haven't you told me?"

Shrugging I continued to massage the pain. In a matter of seconds her demeanor changed and in her best English she tried talking to him.

***
"Babe I love your family maybe I should come back next week." Jackson smiled holding the alcoholic beverage in his hand.

"No that's not happening."

"Elizabeth come here and feed Jackson some Griot." Your mother yelled.

"Oh lord have mercy."

P.s in the Caribbean we eat fried pork and fried plantains called Griot which is really good. We drink Crémas and it's sweet but I'm not old enough to drink it a lot. Also in Haiti and Jamaica there's alot of Chinese and Japanese people working there opening their own businesses.

For whoever who asked for an request a long time ago you will get soon there's things I have to do at home cause Hurricane Irma wanted to be a bitch and ruin the transmitter to my power. It's been almost a week so hopefully I should get internet access today.