TDMM: Chapter 5 (Final Chapter)

HULLO!!

Did ya like the ending of the last chapter?! I DID!! ^_^ 

Not sure what's gonna happen in this chap- Wait, I got an idea. Yep, I DO know what is going to happen... Now. 

I hope you enjoy it, I love you all :) 

~Sheep Grl

Withering in pain, I crawled into myself. Somehow, my grasp on reality had faltered. Lying on the harsh, uncomfortable dirt, I rubbed at my bloodshot eyes with gravel coated hands.

Where was I? How did I get here? All I could remember was running after my daughter, then-

I froze.

Remembering my sin, I opened my eyes and rose. As I did, my eyes caught at the devilish man ahead of me, his smirk hitching my breath from my lungs.

His eyes, so dark held so many years of wisdom, death, and destruction much greater than his appearance suggested. He looked not a day over 25, yet it seemed like he had existed forever. There was no mercy in his eyes, only dark humor and bloody malice.

Scrambling away from him, he stood up and took a matching step forward. It was him! The man from the winery, which I owed more than I could ever service. Time had slipped away from me, stitching and crafting those fine dolls. So much so, that I had forgotten what I owed. My ten years was up. Staring into his deep, soulless eyes, I knew that I owed the devil something I could never accomplish in a time period my human mind could comprehend.

Eons of service.

Widening his smile, his dry lips separated, showing his perfectly decayed teeth.

"It was me."

The devils silky voice ran my blood cold, my heart stopping its rhythmic beat in my hollow chest.

"Pardon? I do not understand."

He chuckled, leaning his face closer to mine. He smelt of rot and decay.

"I killed your daughter and your wife too; now you owe me the lives of 2 fair maidens. Succumb to the darkness you worthless piece of filth!"

He wrapped his hands around my neck, my breath suspended. Honestly, I didn't I was unconscious almost straight away. His words killed me well before he wrapped his scaly talons around my throat that made my blood spray and lips part in a blood curdling scream.

And now, what am I?

I just service my master, Lucifer. Collecting weary souls inside the porcelain of dolls; they become my consuming passion, my addiction. Whilst panting the deep blue eyes of a doll, you cannot help but pretend that you're human again. But I'm not.

Sometimes, I kill for pleasure, like any demon does. I remember a time, when my addiction became so consuming, and my humanity so strong that I almost lost touch of my demon side...

That moment begun like such:

I was sitting contently, behind the counter. The dust around me danced on the suns rays, streaming through the window; yellow and warm. I bathed in the heat, stitching the dress of one for a new doll.

This was how I spent my days; selling my creations so that the souls could have a taste of love. But I knew, sooner or later the person that loves them will decompose in the ground. That betrayal is why I continue...

The soundof a bell chime, and the creaking as the hinges on the door moaned with the coming of a new customer.

Placing my needle and dress onto the dusty wooden counter, I strode towards the door without even glancing at where I was going. I smiled brightly, finally rising my gaze to them. It was a sight to behold, believe me.

The girl, just like my daughter. The same blue eyes, dark brown hair falling in ringlets to her waist. The porcelain skin which was so smooth to the touch, and cold like ice. So pretty... She deserved to line these shelves anmd be sold to the highest bidder.

I craved her soul like I did no other...

For what felt like eons, I resisted the temptation. But then, I snapped. I saw her, dying on the dirty floor... My patience broke and all I collected her soul, placing it into the doll.  

I am not ashamed. I will never be ashamed... Not whilst I can stare into the pretty eyes and soul of the doll as she cries for mercy.