Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Simeon…

(backyard pool and hot tub-------->)

For over a week, I have been watching and waiting; one entire week since Miranda and I had our discussion on the picnic tables in the quad area at school, and I have seen absolutely nothing out of ordinary with the twins. Well, let me rephrase that; I have seen nothing to make me think that they are in a relationship other than that of loving siblings. And as for the possibility their attraction towards me; they haven't gone beyond anything but innocent flirtation with me. And I think it’s just in their nature to be flirtatious. I mean, I have been roaming around the house like a stalker, listening and dissecting every word they say, trying to interpret their body language towards each other, and I am exhausted. I was lying in bed long after the house had gone quiet for the night and I was in the process of sending a text message to Miranda’s phone to let her know that she was wrong. I touched the send button and threw my phone onto the pillow next to my head.

Flipping over yet again effectively tangling the sheets around my legs, I sighed and kicked the sheets off of me altogether. I should have fallen asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow as tired as I was. But my thoughts were occupied with nothing but the twins and Miranda’s words bouncing around in my head telling me over and over again that they wanted me, and that they are in an intimate relationship with each other. I had wondered how I would feel about it if it were true. I mean, they were brother’s identical twins; their DNA matched one hundred percent with no deviations. They were not step brothers or twice removed cousins down the line on the family tree, but blood brothers that shared the same womb; the same umbilical cord to be exact. At first, the thought may have freaked me out a little bit, but then I researched the bonds between identical twins and from all the statistics, it could be true. The level of sharing and feelings generated between identical twins have been rated and studied, and all of them concluded that they were about one hundred percent more sensitive towards each other, more so than even fraternal twins.

Not to say that all identical twins are in an incestuous relationship, but it’s not a farfetched assumption for these particular siblings. Michael and Raphael seemed to be abnormally close, and I knew it was due to their upbringing. They had explained some of their childhood to me; they were raised by strangers, a multitude of nannies that came and went and they had learned to depend on each other. They were all each other had due to the fact that their parents were always working, with their busy schedules, and their business responsibilities that kept them away. So if it were true, that they loved each other romantically, then who was I to judge? I am gay man after all, and I am already judged by society for loving who I love; so wouldn’t it be hypocritical of me to judge the twins like that. Live, laugh, and love is the motto that I have adapted after my mother’s extremely negative response to my homosexuality, and I will forever live by that concept.

Damn, I punched a pillow in frustration and pushed myself up into a sitting position on the bed. Looking at the clock on the bedside table, it was just after midnight and I said a simple prayer thanking God that I didn’t have any classes tomorrow. The only thing I had to do was turn in my paperwork to the pharmacy and get my work schedule. The twins were so excited for me when I told them about my new job. They both had rushed me and wrapped those massive arms around me and they gave me a good squeeze. I had found myself hoping that the hugs could have lasted just a little bit longer. They had felt so warm and they both of their scents were so mouthwateringly male. I had just wanted to furrow my much smaller frame deeper in between the two big broad chests and stay there.