Jonghyun x Reader (fluff)

The morning had started off great. It was sunny, but not too hot outside. You, Jonghyun and your son were in the living room, where the big windows gave the house some cozy sunshine.

Jonghyun was currently lying on his stomach on the white furry carpet, playing with the baby. He was holding a small white stuffed rabbit and made it jump around his son. The boy was following it with his eyes and laughing from time to time when his father made the stuffed toy jump on his lap and head.

You were reading a magazine on the couch, when you felt a pair of small hands on your leg. You peeked over the magazine and saw your little boy up on his two feet, smiling at you for peeking from behind the magazine. He was shaky, but could stand up a good while already.

Jonghyun sat up and looked at you.

"Do you think he's going to walk soon?" he asked.

"I don't know, but it looks like it. If he does, we'll have to hire security guards to follow him 24/7, because this is dangerous," you laughed. At that your son lost his balance and fell on his butt, looking scared for a second.

"What did you find, little guy?" Jonghyun laughed.

"Probably dust," you answered, putting away the magazine, "because I haven't vaccuumed for ages. I can't do it right now either, because I'll probably just scare him." You stretched and went to sit on the floor as well. Your son immediately crawled to you and started to get up again. He held onto you tightly as he was trying to hold his balance. Slowly, but steadily, he let go to stand on his own.

"Good job!" you encouraged him. Suddenly, he locked his eyes to Jonghyun and tried to turn towards him. You held your hands close to his body to catch him if he should fall. Jonghyun stretched out his hands and smiled.

"Come to daddy," he said with a silly voice while smiling. The baby then took a shaky step towards him, giggling happily when he looked at his legs. After that he took another careful step, but started to lose his balance. You quickly went to support him and he got back up. He took his third step and looked at his father.

"You're doing so good! A bit more! Daddy will catch you, don't worry!" Jonghyun reassured his son. Then he took one more step, but lost his balance completely. You were too far back to catch him in time, but before you could blink, Jonghyun had caught him into his arms.

"Good job! Did you see that y/n?! He actually walked! We have to let the others know!" exclaimed Jonghyun with a big smile and excitement while taking his son onto his lap.

"You have to write it down!" he added, looking at you with big eyes. You chuckled and got up to go and get your baby diary. When you came back, your son was standing up again, holding onto his father for his life. You sat down and wrote down the date.

"17th of August, 2017- his first four steps," you read out loud.

"Correct it to five," Jonghyun laughed.

"Huh?"

You looked up and saw your son taking a step back to you with his arms stretched out towards you.

***
It was a short one, but I feel like if I had tried to make it longer, it would've just gotten weird/boring.
Still, I hope you enjoyed it and have a good day/night! ^^