~New Friend~

As I entered the cafeteria, I was once again haunted by the same question,whom will I eat my lunch with? The whole black house was definitely  out of the question. Someone will surely defy Alex and befriend me eventually  but I doubted that will be that day, it was too soon. I guess I could sit with Andrew and gang but from what I could see, their table was already full.I scanned the cafeteria. There was only one table where only two people were sitting. But it didn't seem like they even knew that other human being was sitting right next to them. Please let them not be high, was my only thought as I collected my lunch and started walking towards them. Atleast, the girl was normal looking,a little bit. I think that I will talk to her first.

            The polite thing to do here would be asking their permission before I take place but do hell with that. It's a free country afterall.I sat down. None of them even looked up; impressive. I did what I always I do when I want to attract someone's attention; rudely if I may add. These people looked like they wouldn't like Justin Bieber's songs.I started singing JB's songs, just loud enough so they both could hear me.This instantly got reaction out of them.The boy started to look pained and the girl just looked amused.To my surprise, she started to sing along with me. Neither of them had insulted me yet so I decided to take that as a sign and introduce myself.

         "Hi, I am Sam."

        "Layla, nice to meet you. ", she grinned.

        "And you are? ", I addressed the boy.

       "Jason, bye.", he picked up his tray and left. I felt a sense of de-ja-vu. I risked a glance at popular table. And no surprise there, Ryan and Priscilla once again were locked in liplock.I felt a pang of hurt once again and to disract myself I turned all my attention to Layla.

             "So which house are you in?"

             "Golden. And not because I have some crazy revenge scheme."

                This time, it was my turn to grin.

              "So, what do you do? I mean acting, dancing, singing?"

              "I actually do all of that."

             "Really? That's pretty nice.What is your story? You don't see many golden loners around here."

               "My story is that I am a scholarship student who apparently stole Priscilla's role.She's been out for my blood ever since."

                  "The queen bitch at her best, right? "

                   "Yeah, I am glad someone feels that way. Wanna be friends?"

                  "No harm in that. And added bonus is that,  this will infuriate her so much."

                 "So damn true. What do you like Sam? Let's find out whether we have something in common except our hatred for Pris.You have chemistry next, right?"

               "Yeah, let's go friend. You should know one thing though, I don't make friends as easy as I make enemies. Keep that in mind."

                 "Hey, you are my only friend in this place right now.Besides Jason of course. It's shame he don't talk much."

               As we walked out of cafeteria,I couldn't help but think, everything was going to be okay. I was always the kind of girl who believed in once-a-friend-forever-a-friend philosophy. This mission didn't need to be a solo mission.For the first time since I set foot in this school, I felt like I truely belonged.I had a friend.

              Unfortunately, I had Ryan in this class too. It felt too cruel of destiny to put him in majority of my classes. I would have suspected that he had something to do with that but I knew better.He doesn't care about me enough. He never did.He only likes to rattle my cage and see me squirm.But, enough is enough.I didn't come here to engage in his games.I will play them; I will win but I will not forget what I came to do here in the first place.

          There was only one thing Mike cared the most about-his friendship with Ryan.One of the reasons for his power was their unbreakable bond.Too bad, I was gonna destroy it.It is not going to be easy but it is something that I simply have to do. They made my life hell; it's about time that I return that favor.

              I decided to not involve Layla just yet. She seemed harmless but looks can be deceiving. Ryan liked to kiss me so fine; I will kiss him. Just not behind closed doors. If he wants to play with me then okay. Cheating is not my style but if I have to cheat then I would rather do it in open.

          "Miss Roy,are you even listening? Miss Roy!"

             Oh crap, I forgot I was in lecture. Well, I needed a detention anyways. Might as well go all out.

         "Sorry, you were saying...."

          "I don't care who your dad is but this kind of attitude won't be tolerated in my class."

            "Okay, I am sorry. Can we resume?"

            I knew I was playing with fire here . If I play all nice and keep quiet then I will be laughing stock of this school.Sounds dramatic but then again, I have pretty dramatic enemies.And from what I have gathered,  this teacher specifically targets kids from influencial backgrounds. I know that I was in wrong here but I hadn't committed crime. At my old school, if something like this ever happened then teacher will give the detention and that's it. But detention was hard there ;not just sitting in classroom.

            "You watch that tone with me. That's detention for you and get out of my classroom, right now."

             I got up and left. I got what I wanted.This step was successful as well.Now, I had time but nothing to do. I decided to return to my room.Might as well do something productive.

             When two years ago Ryan robbed me of my heart, he didn't stop. He took away my happiness, will to live and most importantly,  my music. Since, I was small I loved to sing but it was a talent I had kept secret just like many others. It was the singing which brought me peace. It was the only thing constant in my life. It had been uphill bottle to gain back what I had lost but I never quite recovered my music.I still played and sang but there was no life in it. I tried many times but alas.I stopped trying after a time. Seeing him again, kissing him took me back to the old times. I remembered what it felt like. And after a long time, I feel like there is hope again.Maybe there is a song in me again.He couldn't return my love but maybe, just maybe he can give me back my music.

            I hadn't touched my music files in two years. As I listened to them once again, I was haunted by memories. I could feel my love for Ryan in every note.Ryan had been my inspiration for every song I wrote.These songs were my feelings, my memories.They were part of me.

             "Ah, here you are. What are you upto? "

             "Ry, I thought you were in dance rehearsal. What are you doing in here?"

             "Well, I finished early so I thought I will spend this time with my girlfriend."

             "What do you have in mind?"

              "Well we could make out but I really want to hear whatever you are working on.I heard you sing when I came in.Is that what you have been working on for past few days? Come on, let me hear it."

             "It's not finished yet.Maybe later.It is surprise."

             I never got to sing him that song.It was symbol of my love but I was forgetting that it wasn't love.It was just a game,a deadly game.I thought I could handle it but I couldn't.I should really stay away from him, I should really focus on other things but it's hard.Last time, he started this game and this time, I intend to end it.For good.