chapter 1

Serena's POV

I laughed as I watched my boyfriend dance to Just Dance 4. But I have to admit, even thought he was messing around, Nick looked pretty hot doing it.

"Nick baby what are you doing?" I laughed. Nick turned around and pretended to be hurt. It slowly faded and now he's looking at me with a challenging face. "Show me what you got?"

I tried to laugh it away but he kept staring at me with that face so I decided to get up and show him something. "Sure babe, but don't start crying when I beat you." I said while winking.

He finally started laughing and started walking to the couch but grabbed me when he passed me. "No, Nick let go of me!" I tried to escape but he threw me on his back and a little later on the couch.

"Don't tell me what to do Serena."

I started laughing as I knew where this was leading to. "What are you doing leave me alone!"

"THIS IS THE TICKLE MONSTER" Nick started tickling me.

"that's r-really childi-sh Nick" I could barely talk because I was laughing too hard. Damn, why did I tell him I'm ticklish?

Nick stopped tickling me. "Are you ever going to challenge me again?"

"No, I won't, I promise!" I breathed out, still laughing.

"Okay, good girl. Let's go to bed." Before I could answer Nick grabbed me and threw me on his back again.

.

"Wake up pig, it's almost noon!"

I grabbed my phone from the night case and looked at the hour with one eye open. "Nick, it's 9 what are you talking about?"

"Come on, I already planned out today, get up!" Nick basically pulled me out of bed and made sure I opened my eyes before running downstairs again. I rubbed my eyes and decided to follow the delicious smell of pancakes.

"You made pancakes."

"Good job, Sherlock!"

I laughed while taking place before Nick. "So, what did you plan?"

"We're keeping it simple. Let's have a romantic day at the beach. This is our last day we can enjoy ourselves because we have to pack tomorrow so I didn't want to plan anything tiring."

We're about to leave his dad's beach house so it made sense. This was by far the most romantic week we had, I'm sad it's almost over.

"We can also do something else if you want?"

"No, no I like the thought! I was just thinking about how fun this week was." I smiled when I saw him smiling.

There weren't a lot of people at the beach today. We've been sitting here for hours now. Nick and I enjoyed each others company and just relaxed.

"I have the best boyfriend ever!"

Nick smiled but his face turned serious way too fast.

"What's up, Nick?" I turned to my right so I was facing him.

"There's something I need to tell you. I was planning on telling you when we're back home but maybe I should tell you now."

A concerned look formed on Nick's face which scared me.

"Yes?"

"Baby, I'm moving to New York."

New York. Nick was moving to New York. My boyfriend is moving to New York. Is this a joke?

"I got a job offer and it's really well payed. I've been thinking about this for so long and-"

"Wait, for how long have you been knowing this, Nick?"

"For about a month I guess. I wanted to tell you earlier and I wish I could but-"

"You're leaving me?" I interrupted him.

Nick's eyes searched for mine. "I really love you Serena. I wanted to tell you but I didn't know how, you have to trust me on this one."

"Where does that leave us?"

"I honestly don't know. A long distance relationship is hard, they almost always go wrong. I don't want you to sit here thinking about me and worry. I really care about you and want you to have the freedom you deserve."

Tears started forming in my eyes. He doesn't even want to give it a try. I heard Nick talking but I wasn't sure of what he was saying. Months, we wasted months, with one of them him knowing about this.

"Serena?"

"So we break up?"

"We don't break up, we just take a break."

I kept staring in front of me. This isn't happening. He isn't leaving. I'll wake up and realize it's a dream, a nightmare.

"Let's go inside, Serena. It's starting to get dark and cold."

"I'm going for a walk."

"Do you want me to join you?"

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "I'd rather go alone if you're okay with that."

I walked off before Nick could even open his mouth. I wasn't even that bothered with Nick leaving. Okay yes I'm very sad about that, but the fact that he didn't bother telling me until now and the fact that he doesn't even want to give us a try, that's just way worse.

I didn't even know where I was going to and maybe I should've thought about bringing a jacket. I went sitting on a bench as I watched the sunset. This could've been so romantic if only Nick didn't break up with me. He didn't break up though, we're just going to take a break.

He broke up with me.

It was 4 in the morning when I walked back to the beach house. I found Nick sleeping. Asshole. Do I even have the right to be mad? I should be happy for him, right? I packed half of my stuff and by the time I went to bed it was 6.

"Are you going to wake up or not, sleepyhead?"

I groaned and got up. I saw that half of my stuff were packed already so I knew yesterday wasn't a dream. Why is Nick acting like nothing happened?

I got up and packed the rest of my stuff in silent. Nick clearly noticed that I didn't want to talk so he didn't say anything either.

We didn't say a lot either on our ride back home. He asked me if we were okay and I noddded, that was it. He pulled up the car infront of my parents' house and got out to open my door and get out my luggage.

Yes, I still live with my parents.

"I'll call you."

"Sure."

He gave me a hug and then left. To New York. Without even one 'I love you'.

AN

HI GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC AND I HONESTLY DON'T EVEN THINK IM READY BUT MY FRIENDS KIND OF FORCED ME TO BC I LOVE FANFICS YES THIS IS VERY BIG BUT CAN YOU PLEASE COMMENT AND GIVE ME HONEST CRITICISM YOU DONT HAVE TO BE NICE JUST BE HONEST PLEASE

AND OH BTW THIS IS GOING TO TURN OUT A DELENA FANFIC IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE YET OKAY ILY THANKS FOR READING BYE