Chapter 25: Aliens Eat McDonalds

Start from the beginning

I stifled a yawn and went straight to bed. This time, I didn't wake up randomly.

-

•••Monday morning•••

Ashton's POV

I went into the kitchen and sat on one of the dining chairs. Nathan occupied the one next to me. He looked really tired.

"You okay?" I asked not really concerned at all.

"Yeah. Dad was teaching me all night."

Oh yeah, Nathan's father is the beta of the pack. Nathan was to take over the beta title once Brandon turns 18, which was very soon and he hasn't found his mate yet.

"You know, sometimes, I wonder how she looks like..." I looked at Nathan with a smile playing on my lips.

"She'll be beautiful. More than you would ever expect. You would never want to be separated from her. And if you do get separated, you'd be worrying if she is safe." I said as I thought of Riley.

Nathan chuckled, "Come on Romeo, let's go see your Juliet."

I snatched an apple and sprinted to the car.

•••

I did not glance at any of the female species as I traveled through the halls. Nathan, on the other hand, was winking and grinning at any girl he laid his eyes on. Of course, their reaction to a good looking boy is to blush.

I saw Riley and Lucy talking at her locker and headed towards them.

"Hey Riley," I said giving her my best smile.

She returned the gesture. "Hey Ashton."

"Hey," Nathan greeted.

"Hey Nate." Riley said as though she had just noticed him standing there. "This is my friend, Lucy. Lucy this is Nathan."

Lucy shot Nathan a smirk. "Hey."

Nate returned her smirk with a flirty one. "Hey yourself." He said checking her out.

'Is she your mate?' I asked him through mind link.

'Nope, but she is h-o-t!' He replied.

"I'll see you later Riley." Lucy said then she turned to Nathan. "Nice meeting you Nathan." She walked off to her class.

Nathan clapped me on the back. "See you in class."

I nodded.

Once he left, Riley began fidgeting.

"You okay, Riley?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah. I think I should get to class as well."

She made her move to leave but my arm shot out and trapped her. Her eyes snapped to mine in shock and she leaned against the lockers with her eyebrows cutely knitted, her head tilted to the side.

I slowly took a step closer to her and I heard her breath hitch, obviously noticing my movement. I slowly leaned my head down to her level, waiting for her to push me away.

-

Riley's POV

He came closer, his eyes flickering to my slightly parted lips then back to my eyes. My breath became shallower as I watch him lean closer until our faces were about an inch apart.

His hands had moved to my neck so they were tilting my head towards him.

I bit my lip, nervous. His eyes immediately snapped to them as he tugged my lip free from my teeth.