Chapter 12-It's a hard life for the Tomlinsons

Payton's P.O.V

-

-

-

This was my life, hardly anything good happens in my life. I have an abusive step father who bosses my mum around like she's a piece of shit at the end of his shoe. My love life is a complete and utter mess and my real dad is dead. 

Some people have it worse than me but right now it couldn't get worse. Louis is stressing out about boot camp, I'm stressing over school and I just witnessed something that I'd never want to see. My mum being physically abused by David. 

I would never want to see my mother get hurt by anyone, but because it's David it's a whole lot worse. She didn't truly believe that her precious little David would touch a hair on my body and I don't really want to say this considering what she's going through right now but I really want to say that I told you so. I told her that he was no good as soon as the little dirty looks and the horrible comments came my way, but she refused to believe them. Louis even warned her of how much a horrible and fowl man he was but she wouldn't even listen to him. 

Now she knows what kind of a man she is she has to see sense. She has to leave him. 

Louis arrives at our old house ten minutes after I called him about the incident.

I came here to pick up some of my school books that I left behind. I knocked on the door considering this isn't my house anymore and nobody answered and the door was unlocked so I came in. My books were downstairs so I grabbed them but stopped at the doorway. Shouting was coming from upstairs and it wasn't any kind I've ever heard before. David was shouting at mum for something she did and he didn't like it at all. They were both standing in their bedroom with my mum sat on the edge of her bed and David towering over her. A few more yells from David and a lot more sorry's from my mum and that's when it all happened. 

I witnessed the horrid actions put on my mother from the stairs and with a slap to the face from David was all I needed to drop my books and come running in by my mothers side. when David realized what he had done and I was there he knew that he was going. i could see the look in his face that he knew he'd been caught. How many more times had he done this to mum since i left? 

Luckily I was here to stop the final beating this horrid man would do to my mother or anyone if we decide to get the police involved. Putting this on top of the things Louis is stressed about isn't going to make is life any easier and he needs to be calm. He needs to focus on his boot camp audition and he cant do that we dick heads like David are ruining our family. 

"Mum! Payton!" The front door of my old house swings open and Louis voice echos through the house. He sounds really pissed, I'm pissed but he's really pissed. 

I told David to go downstairs, well not told, I yelled at him to go down stairs. He just scoffed at me but when I said I'd get the police involved if he didn't get the fuck downstairs he listened and scurried out the room like the pathetic man he is. 

I'm sure the police would love to know what I horrid man David is and would be more than happy to lock him up behind bars for years to teach him a lesson. 

I sit with my mum and cradle her head in my arms as she cries of pain when I don't hear Louis voice or footsteps running up to us. I don't hear anything and hearing nothing isn't good. I should have text Louis to come straight up stairs when he arrived and not bothered to go into the kitchen or living room. I should have told David to get the fuck out of this house so he doesn't have to encounter Louis when he gets here. I should have done one of those things. Now I've probably unleashed hell in my old living room. 

"You." I hear something finally, but hearing something wont be any better than hearing nothing. I'd rather it be silent than having to here Louis and David either yell abusive things to each other or have a slap fight. Either one is worse, but the silence would be better. 

This is hard for mum. For years she's lived with a monster and she didn't even know about it. For years I lived with a monster until he started turning on me. 

Why couldn't mum just find someone who was like dad. Although nobody would be able to be as amazing as my dad, she could have found someone who would treat her with the respect she deserves and the way dad treated her. 

Instead she had to find someone who was horrible to her children and someone who would beat her. 

A loud laugh comes from downstairs meaning David has seen Louis enter his home. If I wasn't comforting mum right now I'd be down there with Louis either standing with him against David or telling him to leave his pathetic arse alone and come upstairs with me. 

"Well boy, look who's finally returned home."

-

Louis P.O.V

-

-

-

It's taking everything in me right now not to punch the shit out of this man. 

This man hit not only my sixteen year old sister, but my mother too. I hated him for touching one little hair on Payton but now he's done it to my mum? He's out of fucking line for that. 

I knew that something was off about him from the moment he stepped into our lives. He was a dodgy prick back then and hasn't changed since. I was only a small boy when he came into our lives so I couldn't really do much to warn mum about him. I couldn't exactly kick his arse or anything like that, even if I tried he would have beaten me just like he had done to my sister and mum. 

But now I'm older and stronger he can't do fuck all to me without getting a little something back.

One thing good that's come out of today is that my mum has finally seen sense that David's been a selfless prick all along and that he's always been a monster. finally she sees what kind of a person he really is. 

David's annoying voice chuckles from the kitchen as he notices my presence in the house. His large boots connect with the wooden floor I used to skid across when I was little. 

"Look who's back. Come to save the day have we Louis?" 

"Go fuck yourself David." I spit looking up the stairs to see if anyone's up there. If I focus my attention on David then all of the anger inside of me will come out and I'll do something that I probably won't regret. He isn't worth my time so why should I bother inflicting pain on him. 

David notices my motions towards the stairs and takes a few steps closer to me. "Payton and your mother are up there. You should go and see them. I left a pretty big hand mark on your mum's face." He chuckles at his sick action towards my sweet mother. 

"What did she do? What did she ever do to you to make you hit her David." I want to get inside his head and see all of the things he thinks. Why he thinks it's acceptable to hit a sixteen year old girl and hit his own wife.

On second thought I don't want to look in that sick bastards mind, there will be to many fucked up things in there. 

He takes a moment to think about my question before coming up with the answer that makes me snap.

"I asked your dearest mother to wash my shirt before I had to go to work and she refused. So I gave her a good old slap across the cheek to teach her a lesson."

The anger takes over me. Mum denied to wash this lazy bastard shirt so he hit her? That's the last thing this man is going to do for a very long time. 

With the anger burning inside of me I shove David away from me which makes his body fall to the floor. Seeing this as an advantage, I jump on top of David and ball my fists together and connect them with his jaw. 

Left, right, left, right. My fists continue to connect with David's jaw making blood spill out with every punch I throw. This isn't me. I'm not violent. I'm not a violent guy. But when it comes to any one that I love or care about. 

Fuck not being violent. 

I'll do whatever the fuck it takes to keep the ones I love protected and safe. Even if it means beating this shit out of some waist of space faggot. 

As long as the ones I love are okay, I don't give a fuck who I hurt.