Chapter 9: Truth

"I need it for my mother." He said solemnly. My eyes widened.

"She is in stage four cancer, the doctors said that there is one treatment that might work. But as you know that costs money. A lot of money... But there's a chance she'll make it, so I want to take that chance." He looked down.

"That guy is paying us the amount that I need for it. Blake only took the offer because he knew and wanted to help. He's giving his share of money to me. Which I am really thankful for." His voice cracked a bit.

"I'm really sorry Maya, I am, but my mom..." He trailed off. I shook my head at him.

"It's okay, it really is. Don't worry..." I hesitated. "I'll go." His eyes shot to mine. I smiled weakly at him.

"I won't put up a fight anymore, I won't complain. I'll go, no objections at all."

"Maya... You don't have to..." He hesitated. I grinned, "Yeah I don't have to. I want to."

He smiled and hugged me tightly. "Thank you Maya. You don't know how much this means to me." he sniffled. I suppressed a giggle.

"Please don't tell me the big bad Dominic, I still don't know your last name, is crying." He sniffed.

"N-no" His voice cracked. He cleared his throat. "No, of course not. Me? Crying? I never heard of such thing. What is crying anyways?? Psh." He looked away. I chuckled.

"Uh huh, sure. Now." I clapped my hands. "Let's go, I'm hungry."
****

"Honey I'm home!" I chirped when I opened the door. Blake's head peeked through the kitchen.

"Hey sweetheart." He said cautiously, walking to me. I grinned like a chestire cat and sprinted at him. He squealed like a girl and tried to run away but failed because when he turned to make a break for it, he slipped and fell on his face.

"Ow!" He cried. I bursted out laughing.

"All I wanted was a hug Blazey, I didn't know you were scared of a girl. Specifically me." I said when I calmed down.

"Ya, I totally knew that..."He blushed. I giggled and hugged him. "Wait, your not mad anymore?" He asked when I pulled away.

"Of course not Blazey. I can't stay mad at you guys," I cooed. His ears turned red. "Sup Blake" Dominic said popping out of nowhere. They did a bro hug an Dominic looked at me.

"I'm I missing something here?" Blake narrowed his eyes at Dominic. "I told her." He said bluntly.

Blake's eyes shot to mine. "She's willing to help Blake." Dominic said.

"Is that true?" Blake asked. I nodded my head.

"You know it boo." I winked.

"Oh I made some cake if ya want some." Blake said pointing to the kitchen." I nodded eagerly before disappearing into the kitchen.

On the cake it read, 'We are really sorry. Forgive us?' Maybe thats why Dominic wanted to take me out of the house all of a sudden.

"I forgive you!" I shouted. Even though I forgave them along time ago. I literally at like three fourths of the rainbow cake before going back to them.

I'm pretty sure there is something on my face. Probably the frosting.

"Uh sweetheart... You have a little something right here." He said pointing everywhere on his face. I giggled.

"Thanks for the food and clothes Dom and thanks for the bomb cake Blazey." They both nodded and said your welcome.

"Now will you excuse me, I'm gonna go hibernate. See ya, see ya, never wanna be ya." I blew a kiss, grabbed my bag, and skipped upstairs.

Hibernation, here I come.

Blake's POV

"You didn't hypnotize her did you? Or force her? Right?" I asked Dominic. He shooked his head, still grinning like a ugly bafoon he is.

"Nope" he said popping the 'p'

"But I'm still going to miss her. What is going to happen to her?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know... If only there was a way for me to get the money but still have Maya with us." Dominic said solemnly.

An idea popped into my head. "What if there was?" He looks at me confused.

"What if there was a way to get the money and keep Maya?" I grinned, my plan clicking into place.

"Go on. I'm listening."