Chapter eight

They had found me. They came. I could see them in front of my house, stepping out of their white van. They can't take me back to the mental hospital. No, no, no. This can't be happening, not to me. "I don't need mental help." I assured myself, looking down at the scars. A shadowy figure clamped his hand over my mouth and pulled me into the van, I tried to scream but nothing would come out. Throwing me into the white van, he buckled me down, and started speeding away. "Beth," his voice was cold and edgy. "We're only here to help you."

"Most girls are pretty, I just have scars."

I felt tears build up behind my eyes, there was a lump in my throat, I couldn't get any words out. "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HELP ME, YOUR JUST GOING TO TRY TO KILL ME.' I screamed, I couldn't control myself. "Just calm down, we don't want anybody to get hurt." His deep voice replied, trying to soothe me. They were all lies, memories from the hospital came flooding back, I could feel pain and sorrow build up inside me. My eyes widened with fear, as tears poured out uncontrollably.

"You don't know what you've done to me, I have scars."

He grabbed my slit wrists which were burning and dragged me out of the van. Openeing the familiar doors, the smell of death and trauma filled my lungs. The memories were so vivid, so painful that I could feel chills run down my spine. He pulled me into an old room, wallpaper was peeling and everything looked dirty. He slammed the heavy metal door in my face, while I fell to the floor in sobs.

"I've fought lots of battles, and I've lost them all."

Remembering I still had a blade in my pocket I grabbed it and started making everything feel better. Each cut was deep, leaving trails of blood all over my scrawny wrists. The nurses had come rushing down the hall. Disappearing into a dark shadowy corner, I clutched my blade running my fingers along it. "Beth," the nurse called as she entered my room. "So nice to see you again." Tears smeared around my eyes, leaving red marks. I rubbed my eyes, and slowly nodded, acknowledging her lies.

"All the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound."

The nurse smiled, her smile was too warm, too kind. She pulled out a pill and handed it to me. "NO!" I screamed. "I CAN'T GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!" I broke the pill in half, and threw it violently at the tile floor. "Very well." She replied to my outrageous actions. She pulled out a long sharp needle, that contained light blue liquid. She held me down to the bed. "NO, STOP, HELP!" I thrashed around under her tight grip, but it was helpless. She injected the needle into my vein, I watched in fear as the needle went farther and farther into my skin.