Chapter Two

Jaehyun's POV

    It's been about 10 minutes, and I'm still following this girl around. I started doubting if she even knew where she was going since it usually didn't take me this long to go home from the intersection, "so, how was it in America?" She's asked so many questions in an attempt to make small talk despite the heavy silence, yet anything about my ability whatsoever wasn't ever mentioned whatsoever.

    "It's alright, I guess. I only really miss my friends, but I talk to them through skype every once in a while."

    "Hmm... that's nice. My family is back in Australia and I'm all by myself here. Well, I have Jennie, a friend of mine from New Zealand, but she's been busy nowadays," She looked down, "It's kinda hard, you know. I miss them..." it shocked me at how open she was to a complete stranger. Why she was telling me all of this left me awestruck; did I look that friendly?

    "You should go visit them...?" My answer came out as more of a question as awkwardness started to seep in.

    "I wish I could, but I made a promise so I can't go back yet." I just nodded with a hum, continuing to follow her. Familiar buildings finally started to pop up and I realize that we're getting closer to our destination.

    Planting both feet to the ground, I called out to her, "Oh, um, Rosé? I think I recognize this place. Thank you for the help," she stopped to look at me and I bowed. She returned the gesture.

    "No problem," she responded and I bid my final goodbye. Walking away, I found that a pair of footsteps still followed mine. I stopped and turned back, but the she kept walking; focused down on her phone. I got a little curious as to where her destination was since it was very obviously where I was going. I tilted my head as I continued walking the way I'd normally walk, but it just seemed like I was following her, like before. She, Rosé, turned left to cross the street and walked straight into an apartment building... in front of mine. Scratching my head, I watched as she headed up the stairs before I entered my complex. There were too many coincidences with this weird girl.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

    Narrator's POV

    It's been about two days since Jaehyun met that girl and once again, he's sitting in front of a blind date with whom he had no special connection with. If anything, he was appalled that one person has been invading his mind throughout this date. A person that goes by the name of Rosé. The thoughts of her left him baffled: what was it about her that made him want to see her so much? Oddly, for the last two days, he's been watching the apartment building in front of his, hoping to catch a glimpse of the brunette who was doing this to him. Even his actions confused him and he tried to convince himself that this whole thing definitely didn't mean anything, "uh, excuse me?" He turned to look back as his supposed date and began to think that he should really stop going to these blind dates.

    "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you saying something?"

    "Yeah, um, I just wanted to ask something. That is, if you're willing to share." Jaehyun already knew what her question was before she asked it.

    "Yeah, go ahead," his head was already storming with ideas of different, false kinds of abilities that can keep this girl's lips off of his.

    "Do you know Rosé?" Almost choking on spit, Jaehyun looked at her wide eyed. Can she read his thoughts? He was bewildered by the question. He looked up at the cat like girl who smirked, "I'll take that as a yes. She told me of a guy named Jaehyun and I thought that maybe that was you." she talked about me?

    "So, you're that Jennie? The friend from New Zealand?" who knew random pieces of information could benefit him this much.

    "Correct," she smiled and stared at him for a while, eyeing every one of his features.

    "Is there something wrong?"

    "No, it's just that Rosé was right," she smiled then suddenly stood, "I should really stop going on these dates," she murmured then turned to me, "follow me, real quick."

    "What?"

    "Dude, just follow me. Don't worry, I don't have any bad intentions," she winked and walked away, leaving Jaehyun scrambling to gather his things, pay for what they ate and follow her out of the building. He almost lost her, but thank goodness her short legs couldn't bring her that far. Rushing to her side, she turned and breathed, "took ya' long enough." She teased english, which was no surprise to Jaehyun after hearing that she was from New Zealand.

    Jennie continued her strut towards a building that looked like a studio near the restaurant they had went to. The two entered and Jennie spoke to the girl on the front desk for a while who then smiled and led the way. Reaching their supposed destination, a door that was colored a deep brown, she turned back to the pair and bowed, leaving before they could even say 'thank you'. Jennie turned to look at Jaehyun, "you should go inside. There's someone in there, but I don't think they'd mind the company. If they ask, tell them that you're replacing me. I promised them I'd hang out today, but I'm a bit busy," Jennie stepped to the side, slowly scooting away, "Thanks~" she, like the worker earlier, left before he could say anything else.

    Jaehyun looked at the closed door and debated whether he should just leave or 'help Jennie out'. He made the decision to just go for it because why not? Plus, for some reason he felt compelled to. He shrugged, Might as well go in and maybe have a jam session. Not to brag, but he is a pretty good singer after all. Jaehyun knocked on the door softly before slowly turning the knob when he heard someone yell out 'come in' from the other side, making sure to keep his head down as he opened it. He heard shuffling and the sound of a guitar being moved, "Jaehyun?"

    He looked up, complexed by the fact that this person knew his name. His eyes met with the brunette that had been invading his thoughts and he felt his heart skip a beat. Why? That's unknown to him. Jaehyun cleared his throat and stood straight, "hey, Rosé. Haven't seen you in a while." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

    "What are you doing here?" She asked, putting down the guiter in her hands and walking towards him.

    He closed the door, "I met your friend, Jennie, and she told me to take her place in hanging out with you today." Rosé let out an expirated sigh, but laughed.

    "Of course she would." Jaehyun could tell that she was leaving something out since she spoke through almost gritted teeth, but decided not to pry and looked around the room for an interesting starting piece that maybe they'd both love to talk abour.

    He walked towards the guitar, "you play?"

    "Yup," Jaehyun looked at her as she grabbed the instrument and started plucking at the strings, sitting down, "ever since I was little."

    It was at that moment that Jaehyun realized that he really liked girls that could play the guitar. Rosé's posture and soft smile just looked so breathtakingly attractive and beautiful to him that convincing himself that all of this wasn't something wasn't true. There was definitely something. But what could it be?