Chapter 7

Vic's P.O.V.

Waking up that morning before Kellin was something a little different than usual. He would always be the one awake and ready for the gates to open up way before I had even attempted to open my eyes, but today I found him fast asleep once I found the energy to open my own eyes.

I was awake and out of there before he even woke up, but I assumed the yelling of the guards and screeching of the gates moving was enough to alert him out of his slumber to remind him it was time to head down to the cafeteria for breakfast.

The strict schedule they ran on was extremely annoying and tiring, I'll admit, but it wasn't hard to follow. I usually woke myself up before the guards even came down to call us. Kellin, on the other hand, has still yet to master the new schedule hes living on and slacks with the timing of each routine.

Entering the cafeteria, I was greeted with the usual silent atmosphere. No one was really a morning person in this place, minus a few people that have yet to arrive, but it was fairly quiet here during breakfast compared to the other meals eaten in here.

I made my way toward my usual table, noting that Kellin has arrived just a few minutes after me and avoided any and all contact with me. He wouldn't even look in my direction as he made his way toward what has recently became his usual table.

As he took a seat in his chair across from Alan and Austin, I noticed a bit of a change with his demeanor. He suddenly grew tense, clenching the side of his neck as if trying to hide his exposed skin that his shirt wouldn't help with. Suddenly it clicked what they were talking about. I had purposely attempted to mark a hickey on his skin last night, and by the look of that conversation, I must have succeeded.

A grin quickly found its way upon my lips as I watched Kellin nervously try and speak, looking like he was almost trying to explain himself, but we both knew he wouldn't go off and tell them the whole truth about what happened. That is, if he were to tell them any kind of truth at all. I'd be damned if the kid were actually going to explain the story for exactly what it was and how it started, him having a sex dream that was too obviously about me and me simply doing the right thing to do and helping him out with the end result.

When it looked like Kellin had finished talking, Alan ended up giving him a confused glare while Austin simply nodded in a 'yeah-okay-sure' fashion. He must have came up with some kind of lie. There opinions aren't the ones I'm concerned about, though. I'm waiting on a certain someone else's instead. Someone I know will really give me a reaction worth paying attention to.

As if on cue, the man I was just waiting on made his way into the room along with a few others who obviously weren't too thrilled on waking up early this morning and decided to slack. Alex walked in with his cellmate, Jack, only a few feet behind him before he somewhat shooed Jack away from his side. In the simplest way to put it, Jack looked hurt by the gesture, but Alex didn't really seem to care as he walked away with a bored look on his face before a scene could be made.

That bored stare turned into a shit-eating grin almost immediatly as his eyes landed on what had recently became his regular table, rather than sitting where he usual sat back with Jack. His change of scenario took place suddenly ever since Kellin came along, which annoyed me to no end. He took his seat beside Kellin like he had been for the past couple of days, and leaned against him.

At that moment is when I noticed the dark hickey splattered upon Kellin's neck. It was really noticeable, much more than I thought it would be, especially from where I sat. He had removed his hands from the side of his neck for a split second in surprise to the sudden weight in the seat beside him, exposing the discolored skin for all eyes to see.