6. Things They Don't Teach you in School: How to Kill a Monster

I was born in a thunderstormI grew up overnightI played alone I played on my ownI survived ~ Alive ~ Sia

I grew up overnight
I played alone I played on my own
I survived ~ Alive ~ Sia

I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head
You're trying to save me
Stop holding your breath ~ The Monster ~ Rhianna

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Those seemed to be the only words coming out of Cody's mouth.

"Lock the door!" Scott said frantically.

"Does it look like I have a key?" Stiles snapped. He paused for a moment, then stood to look out the window. His eyes landed on the bolt cutters he had brought.

"No way," said Cody, grabbing is arm.

He shook her off. "Yes way." And he slipped out the door. He studied the surroundings for a moment, then slowly went for them.

Cody and Scott started beating on the door when they saw the alpha, yelling for Stiles to get back in. He scrambled through the door and the three of them slammed them shut. Stiles put the bolt cutters in the door handles and peeked outside again.

"Yeah, cuz that will hold," said Cody.

Stiles glared at her. "What else do you want me to do?"

There was a howl and they took off running down the hall.

"This is just great," Cody ranted as they ran. "I always knew I would die in school but I never thought it would be because a psycho werewolf attacked."

They ducked into a classroom and moved to push the desk in front of the door.

"The door won't keep it out," said Stiles. "And it's your boss." Scott shook his head in protest. "The alpha, yeah it's your boss."

"No!" Scott protested.

"Yes it is!" Cody said with great effort as she was still trying to push the desk in front of the door. "He disappeared and then that...thing shows up in like five seconds and throws Derek across the freakin' parking lot!"

"It's not him!" Scott said.

"He killed Derek!" snapped Stiles.

"He's not dead," said Scott in a panic. "He can't be dead."

"Blood poured out of his mouth," said Stiles. "He's dead. He's dead and we're next."

"What do we do?" asked Cody, finally abandoning the desk and staring intensely at her friends.

"Get to my jeep," said Stiles. "We gotta get out of here. And you," he pointed at Scott. "Think about quitting your job."

They rushed over to the windows and peered out. Stiles' jeep was only a couple hundred feet away. They could make it if they moved fast.