52| The Beverly Thrills Hotel Pt.2

The light of morning--of reality--was blinding. Which is why Miren immediately closed her eyes upon opening them.

As she made sense of her surroundings, she noticed a strong arm draped over her. Parker. She breathed in his fresh scent as she rested her head against his neck, her hand on his chest, which rose and fell with each breath. She smiled.

There was something about the peace he had while sleeping that gave her peace. He was so radiant, so handsome that it was almost painful to look away. However, as she brushed a loose curl from his perfect face, she decided that it would be better if she just left. After all, she was the imperfect one.

She was the one who was basically on a mission to rob him of his serenity.

Carefully, she peeled him off of her, before surveying the room for her belongings. She briefly contemplated going to the bathroom to get dressed before noticing Parker was still in a heavy slumber. Before she could let herself get captivated by the sight she turned her back to him, pulling off her shirt as quickly (and as quietly) as she could, before scrambling for her chest binder.

But the sound of a click stopped her in her tracks. Her head spun to the direction of the door, and her body froze completely as it opened.

Shit.

She and the intruder stared at each other for (at least) an eternity. But strangely enough, she couldn't really see them--rather, she saw what they were seeing. Her, cupping her boobs in embarrassment. Parker, shirtless (he tended to get hot--ok, hotter--while sleeping), and resting soundlessly. And if you looked close enough, there was even a small, satisfied smirk on his lips.

A slow, but powerful round of applause from the intruder roused Parker awake, and confounded Miren even further.

"Wallace?"  The sleeping stud literally jumped to his feet. "What are you doing here so early?"

"I took an early standby flight from Stanford after my mentor's presentation yesterday," Wallace began almost too passively, before shrugging. "He's on sabbatical in Switzerland now, and he said I could join him or do whatever the fuck I wanted for three months, so naturally I chose the latter." He casually placed his suitcase by the closet before his eyes, suddenly more harsh than hazel, landed on the alleged deviants.

"So this is what I get for being a considerate younger brother and sparing you the trouble of having to meet me at the concrete jungle that is LAX?" he went on,  shaking his head. "Seeing the aftermath of you two having sex on the floor?" His eyes narrowed on Miren, and he tried not to linger on the boobage her hands couldn't entirely conceal. "I thought you were supposed to be dead."

"I know you're pissed, but that's no way to talk to someone." Parker moved in front of Miren, but she was almost more annoyed by the gesture.

"You couldn't have told me that Wallace was coming?" she snapped at him. Parker rolled his eyes.

"I was going to tell you before you hijacked my shower--"

"You two were taking sexy showers with each other too?" Wallace's face spoiled almost to the point of unrecognition. "What the fuck is going on? And do I even want to know?"

"We didn't have sex." The words felt vile on Miren's tongue as she turned away, zipping up her binder and putting on a shirt. "I spent the night here and was trying to get dressed quickly. I wanted to leave before Parker woke up."

"Gee, how nice of you?" Parker looked more dazed than annoyed. "Is your hidden talent sending mixed signals?" Miren just sucked in a breath as she collected her things.