Leaving Home

Some things you need to know before starting this story:

            (Y/N) = Your name
            (Y/L/N) = Your Last Name
            (H/C) = Hair Color
            (F/C) = Favorite Color
            (H/L) = Hair Length

                          ((3rd Person POV))

         Goryk is a fairly small island. It's mainly forest with 10-15 homes on the lowest point. Surprisingly great supplies and all with the lack of dragons for help. Oh yeah, Goryk is across the Archipelago, the residents there aren't exactly caught up on the whole "Dragons are not our enemies, they're our friends" thing. But, they don't exactly hunt or kill dragons either. It isn't the most violent of  islands, but there's one specific family there that is pretty violent....

         The (Y/L/N)'s. They may not seem like much at first glance, but people usually realize soon enough that they are more than meets the eye. No mother to the family, but 'tis just one father and his daughter.

          The daughter, (Y/N), seemed like she was more feared than her father was. While everyone else in her village hid from the dragons and hid their supplies, (Y/N) was bound on protecting her things by fighting them off. She thought hiding was the coward move, and she was always stealing her fathers weapons to use during dragon raids. She believed that if the dragons were going to take things that were important to her, she would take things that were important to them. She would trade her belongings, for a dragon's life.

         (Y/N) has killed Gronckles, Nadders, and even Zipplebacks. But there was one dragon she had yet to kill. A Monstrous Nightmare. She felt that she needed to kill this dragon more than anything. Well today was the day she was going to kill one, a dragon raid had came upon Goryk in the middle of the night.

         Vikings were running out of their homes to make sure they had everything hidden and some running to grab buckets of water for fires. But not (Y/N), she was already running around fighting off dragons from around the village. She came across a Hideous Zippleback while defending one of her neighbors sheep, and quickly grabbed a bucket of water next to her and threw it onto the correct head, causing it to hiss and fly away before she could do anything else. She would've put in an effort to track it down and kill it, but she was saving her energy. She had not yet found the dragon she was ever so desperate to find.

        This girl was not exactly known for giving up, so she kept searching throughout the raid. She had got to the Chief's home and was even fighting off dragons there. That was, until she caught something out of the corner of her eye. She saw a dragon flame itself and get ready to attack her. But of course, she turned around quickly and dodged the dragon. She and the dragon were now face to face, the Nightmare on fire and (Y/N) with her giant axe and spiked shield.

        In a flash, the girl was running towards the dragon. It didn't expect for her to leap onto it, seeing that the dragon was on fire. But (Y/N) was smart, she had made her own clothing, including her boots, all of it being fireproof. She clung to the dragon's neck and was wrestling with it.

        The Monstrous Nightmare was swinging its head every which way to try to fling her off of him. (Y/N) finally got to where she had wrapped her legs around the dragon's neck, and was about to swing her axe right into its head. But the dragon did a quick sway of its head, causing the axe to go flying out of her hands. Her shield had already been on the ground before she hopped onto the dragon, so she was left unarmed. For the first time in a very long time, she felt fear.

       The feeling quickly went away when she punched the dragon square in the face, still on its neck. The Nightmare let out an angry roar as without warning, it zoomed up into the air, flying away from the island. She held on for dear life as she was flying away on the back of a dragon, away from the only home she'd ever known.

(Authors Note: Sorry for the kind of short starter chapter, they will get longer in the future I promise.)