Chapter 5

Disclaimer: Kishimoto owns Naruto, which is actually good news.

Warnings: Talk of violation, implied rape, etc.

Third person pov

"Mom, I'm-" Shikamaru cut himself off when he spotted his dad standing awkwardly by the couch, clearly looking conflicted. Shikamaru was confused. His dad was normally at work during this time, not standing in their living room looking like he was debating with himself. "Dad?" The man looked up, visibly relaxing at the sight of his son. "Come her, come here." The man ushered. Shikamaru hesitantly walked over, raising an eyebrow. "Sit here, sit here. Don't take your eyes off of her. I'll be right back." The man disappeared down the hall towards the guest bathroom like hell was on his heels.

Shikamaru's eyes immediately landed on the "she" he was supposed to be watching. He felt himself choke a little in surprise. Lying there, wearing his clothes, was a girl he'd never seen. She looked about his age, maybe a little younger. Her black hair was messy, and her face and arms had clear scratches on them. The Nara heir blinked. Why was this chick in his house, and why wasn't he supposed to take his eyes off of her? Shikamaru supposed she was quite pretty, although clearly unhealthy. Her sunken cheek bones showed she probably didn't eat much, if anything at all, while the bags under her eyes told him she'd had many sleepless nights. He felt a bit of pity well up inside him.

There were footsteps, and his mother appeared in a robe, a towel wrapped around her long, brown hair. She came to a halt when she saw Shikamaru sitting there, watching the girl. He looked up when she entered. "Where's your father?" Yoshino questioned instantly. "He told me not to take my eyes off of her," he nodded to the girl. "I think he went to the bathroom."

Yoshino let out a breath. At least Shikaku hadn't just left her there alone, and had waited until Shikamaru could watch her. "Thank you, dear." She strode forward, peering over the back of the couch at the girl. Her breathing seemed even better than before, and her eyelids fluttered slightly at times, and her limbs would twitch, evidence that she'd probably be waking up soon. Yoshino couldn't help but smile at the sight of the girl whom she was already getting attached to. The Nara didn't even know the girl yet, but she still found herself caring deeply for her. She hoped the girl wouldn't be too traumatized when she woke up.

"Who is she?" Shikamaru asked the million dollar question. This morning, when his dad agreed to walk him to school, the pair had both felt someone enter their sacred forest. It had jolted Shikamaru, and even Shikaku looked a little grim. "Your dad and Marikai found her in our forest. She's... She'd obviously ran for somewhere. She crawled into Konoha through one of it's drainage openings. She had clearly been through a lot and she'd been... Been. She'd been violated in a way nobody should be violated." Yoshino was all choked up now. Shikamaru stiffened, eyes wide. His head snapped back over to the girl. What had she looked like when she came in, and what all had she been through? "That's... That's horrible." Shikamaru wasn't sure how else to put it.

"She was drugged. I'm not sure how she was able to run far enough to mess up her feet so badly before she passed out." Yoshino admitted. "She must have been pretty desperate to get away." Shikamaru said, gazing at the girl once more. She was about the age of most of the girls in his class. People he knew... It was horrible to think there was a possibility of this happening to one of them. He wasn't even annoyed about the fact that she was wearing his favorite pajama bottoms. He was just glad this stranger was in a safe place now, and not still stuck with whoever took her. Shikamaru was glad, that out of all places, she'd stumbled into their forest. They could definitely help.

"Can you stay here and keep an eye on her while I go get dressed?" Yoshino asked. "Yeah." Shikamaru replied, nodding to his mother. Yoshino smiled and spun around, disappearing down the hall once more. Shikamaru watched her go before turning his gaze back to the girl. Her breathing was steady to some extent, although something she'd wheeze a bit, or her puffs of air would come out unevenly. Shikamaru decided that despite these things, she was probably fine, and not about to die or have some sort of heart attack. At least that's what he hoped. If something did happen, he could honestly say he wouldn't know what to do.

Shikaku reappeared. "Did your mom come in?" He asked, clearly breathless as he adjusted his ninja pants. "Yeah, but she wasn't mad." Shikamaru said. Shikaku let out a large sigh of relief, coming over so he could collapse on the couch next to Shikamaru. "Well, that's good. How's the girl?" He sat up straighter, looking past his son. "I think she's going to wake up soon. She keeps twitching, and her eyelids have been fluttering." Shikamaru reported. "That's good then. Maybe she can explain a little of what happened to her." Shikaku hummed thoughtfully. "What if she doesn't want to talk about it?" Shikamaru questioned. "Well we aren't going to force her to. We'll let her have all the time she wants." Shikaku said absentmindedly as he imagined where the girl may have come from. He had a few guesses.

Shikamaru felt a jolt, but he didn't show it. "She's going to be staying with us?" He asked in an uncaring tone, eyeing his father. "Until further notice, that seems to be the case." Shikaku could tell that Shikamaru was quite wary of the girl, and didn't quite know what to think of the predicament. "Alright. Where do you think her family is?" Shikamaru asked. "We'll have no way of telling that unless she tells us." Shikaku said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice. Shikamaru nodded, wondering where the girl originated from, and how in the world she got herself into such a predicament.

There was a gasp, and the girl jolted into a sitting position, successfully scaring the shit out of the two Nara men. She uttered a single word:

"Trexx."