Chapter 3: Blurred Lines

Molly couldn't stop crying, the tears were streaming down her cheeks. She was sniffing the snot away. It felt good to punch Cole in the face; it broke her heart that he was being deceitful. She shouldn't feel sorry for him, he betrayed her trust. It's not the first time they had a big fight, Cole apologized for being wrong and she forgave him. This time it was worse, way worse. Molly's skin still burning with rage but overcome with disappointment.

Melanie had been quiet, knowing comfort words would not work. She went through the same situation in high school junior year with Matt, Molly tried to soothe her with positive words. None of it worked. Molly let Melanie cried. So Melanie was letting Molly cry.

The car ride had only the sound heard of sniffling and whimpering from Molly. She wiped her eyes, feeling sore. Then Cole came in her mind. Tears dropped from her eyes again, catching in quick breaths.

Melanie gave out a deep sigh. Driving along the road she took a quick glance at Molly, her eyes went back on the road. "Would it be okay if I turn on the radio?" Melanie asked, coming to a stoplight.

Molly nodded sadly, Melanie turned the knobs and 'Blurred Lines' came on. The song had been on rotation anytime you turn it on, it's catchy and better than a romantic one to make it awkward. I hate these blurred lines, I know you want it, know you want it, I know you want it. The girls started dancing and singing the lyrics, lifting Molly's spirits a bit, and then Cole popped into her head again. She whimpered, then frowned, shutting off the radio.

"Why? I like that song," Melanie complained.

"What am I gonna do?" Molly asked sullenly.

"With what?" Melanie shrugged.

"Melanie! Don't play stupid right now, you know what. With Cole." Molly's angry tone startled Melanie.

"Um, karma will get to him soon," Melanie told her with a shrug.

"For how long?" Molly questioned.

"Only time will tell. You can move on, find new booty."

"I'm not sleeping with someone else," Molly spoke, crossing her arms.

"Cole did," Melanie joked, stifling a laugh. Molly punched her upper arm hard, "Ow! I'm driving here! I could get us into an accident!"

Molly exhaled as they entered the highway. She spotted a diner. "Pull over, I'm hungry."

Melanie reversed and immediately drove in front of the diner, parked in the lot, and entered. Both ordering burgers, fries, and cherry Cokes for drinks. Their food coming within minutes, they began devouring their meals.

"So what happens now, we head back to campus?" Melanie asked with crumbs of food falling from her mouth.

Molly shook her head, "I'm not spending the rest of Spring Break in bed watching The Notebook on repeat."

"What about the Kardashians?"

"As much as I enjoy watching them complain and argue over outfits and holiday decorations, no. I want to have fun."

"Good girl, don't dwell on the past. Focus on the present. There should be a party at the frat house on campus," Melanie suggested. A pickle fell out of her bun. "Damn."

"Why don't we find another school? Other parties." Molly sipped from her straw.

"Like crash?"

"It's not crashing if we blend in. We are two hot college students," she smirked, feeling determined.

Melanie's mouth turned down in an -interesting- expression, "sounds like a plan. Where?"

"Where are we right now?" Molly asked.

Melanie wiped her hands cleaned with a napkin, pulled out her phone to pinpoint their location. "Virginia," she responded, taking the last bite of her burger.

"Great, we can drive around college towns. Find some parties."

"I'm in!" Melanie agreed, hitting the table.

"Yes!" The server brought them the check, thanking them. Molly brought out some bills, slapped money on the table. The girls gathered and left the diner.

"Going 'Girls Gone Wild' on this trip?" Melanie asked, resting her hands on her hips as they walked.

"Hell no," Molly smirked. Melanie laughed, shaking her head. Getting inside the vehicle, Molly was now on the driver's side, Melanie instructed her the directions to the University of Virginia off Google Maps.

Melanie checked out the school's social media pages, scrolling through the screen. "There's a party at the Kappa house happening." Melanie showed Molly of the Frat house. The girls and boys stood in front of their house wearing their school colors. It was only ten minutes away. 'I'm doing me this time. Screw Cole.' Molly stepped on the gas, exceeding the speed limit. She concentrated on the lanes, gritting her teeth.

Cole:

"You didn't get my text?" Matt asked Cole as he held out an ice pack on his nose.

"Ow." Cole's nose ached. He took the ice from Matt's hand, placed it properly at the bridge of his nose. "Too much shit happened, she came so quickly. I had to tell Cheryl to hide in the closet." He forgot how hard Molly could hit. She may be small, but she could throw a punch.

"I can't believe she came all the way here for your dumbass." Matt sat on the bed, chuckling.

"Fuck you. I should have seen it coming, anyway." Pressing the ice harder to ease the pain, he sat on the edge of his bed. The hurt on her face when she saw the scene remained in his brain. He felt they've been drifting for a while. He warned her the long-distance relationship wasn't palpable, even suggesting to see other people. Molly entailed testing their trust.

Molly urged that their love was stronger than distant. Cole thought it was bullshit however he agreed because he loved her. The window of opportunity to meet new people was calling, especially college girls.

The night he got tipsy at a campus party, he met Cheryl. Flirting her way into his pants, her smile and curves were out of control. Cheryl put thoughts in his head that Molly was probably messing around behind his back. Cole was smart enough. Her claims of Molly sleeping with someone else were unbelievable. Her not picking up could be Molly ignoring him. He called her five times; she didn't pick up.

For a full month, Cheryl believed he would break up with Molly while they were having sex. Cole was still in love with her. Cole laid back in his bed in pain, guilt, and regret. He hoped the numbness of the ice would freeze his brain.

You will read more of Cole and Molly in the upcoming chapters. Melanie will pop up but not  @junbug2468 made the cover above, it's awesome and so is she! follow her and read her story, 'blinded by love' Vote and comment.