My Mistake.

Media section first and then story 😡

::::

"Bye grandma!" Hamza yelled as he waved his little hand side to side with a wide smile.

"And say thank you for the school presents." I said.

"Thank you!" Hafsa yelled and I smiled into the car, hugging my mum one last time and thanking her before getting into the drivers side to leave and go home.

"Drive safely, please. Message me when you get there." She told me and I nodded telling her I would.

:::::

"Uncle Justin!" The kids screamed out the window as soon as he pulled open the front door to the sound of the car pulling into the driveway.

Justin opened his mouth wide and raised his hands in excitement and they mimicked him, making him laugh as he rushed to put on his shoes and get to the car quickly to take them.

I smiled as he carried both of them inside and went to the boot, taking the bags out and slinging them over my shoulders before locking the car and making my way inside.

"I'll be right down, just gotta take these up." I said to no one in particular as I went up the stairs, putting the bags down in my bedroom and texting my mum quickly before I put my phone on charge.

"Where's baba?" I asked, walking back into the living room.

"In his office, love." Jess said, coming out of the kitchen.

"Thanks. Hi, Jess." I chuckled. She said hi back with a laugh as she made her way to the kids while I went to my dads office. This was the perfect time to tell him about my decision.

"Baba?" I called as I knocked. "Can I come in?"

"Of course." His answer was quick and I pulled the double doors open, closing them after me and giving him salam.

"Wa alaykum salam." He replied. "You're home early. I thought you'd be here after isha." He said.

"Yeah, mum didn't want me driving in the dark." I said with a roll of my eyes.

He chuckled. "She has every right to be worried."

"I guess." I mumbled, sitting down awkwardly on the couch across him. "I actually wanted to tell you something, baba."

"Sure, I've got time." He answered me with a smile, sliding his laptop to the side and joining his hands on the desk, looking straight at me.

I groaned. "Baba can you not sit like a police chief who's about to conduct an interrogation with me!?" I whined, running my hands over my face.

He laughed and nodded, getting off his seat and sitting on the single seated couch beside me. "My work takes over my life sometimes, I'm sorry, habibti." He answered. "What is it?"

Even though he wasn't aware of it, his expression and stance was still as if he was interrogating me, but I couldn't blame him. My dad spent so much of his time at the station being police chief that he didn't even realize he was doing it sometimes. 

"I've made a decision. I want to share it with you before I go ahead and take any action." I said.

"Okay, elaborate." He spoke, confusion and curiosity swirling in his eyes.