A Negotiation Of Sorts

There was no escape from this eternity of hell. Jest would offer anything-his sanity, his mind, his life (or whatever this pathetic existence was)-anything, to be able to go back in time and reverse everything that had happened to make their makeshift (but achievable!) plan from going so far off target. He would do anything to get the Fates' predictions to be false. Anything.

Perhaps Time pitied him, for he was given twenty five hours to be back in Hearts and to have the opportunity to save Catherine, Raven, and Hatta (although there wasn't anything left for Jest to do to save Hatta. He was long gone). After that, he would return to Time, never to see what would become of Catherine. That was both a small kindness and a slow torture. She could revert to her wonderful, kind-hearted self or continue to be the ruthless monster that she was OR EVEN become even more of a monster than she already was. It was a reluctant Jest that finally agrees to Time's demands. If he succeeded in transforming the Queen of Hearts into the righteous girl she used to be, perhaps he would run from Time in Chess. Maybe then, he would still be able to get his happy ending. Maybe then.

Time didn't care what happened to Catherine. This was just a mortal game set up for his own amusement. He was only thankful for her kind... donation of Hatta's sanity.

Time was a disturbing thing.