Chapter 3

**** Four months later.*******
"Ready or not here I come!" Lilly ran as fast as she could through the great house to find her new siblings. She had exhausted all of her options. Lilly was about to give up until she heard a thud in the attic. She gulped loudly as she slowly eased up the stairs; the attic always freighted her. Lilly took a deep breath as she opened the creaky door, "Allen? Michael? Are you in here? Please come out."

Just as she spoke, Lilly felt two hands shoving her in the scary dark room. "Ha ha! You lose!" Allen slam the door trapping his innocent sister.

He chuckled as he heard her crying, "Allen please open the door! What have I ever done to you?! Please! It's so cold in here!"

Lilly heard him on the other side, "No, you're right were you belong scamp."

Lilly heard his footsteps getting softer as he walked away, "Allen!... Allen! .. No!" Lilly slammed her fist against the door until her little knuckles started to bleed. As night grew closer the attics temperature dropped; Lilly could see her breath as the last little bit of light disappeared through a small window as the sun set.

Vivian peaked her head in her youngest sons room, "Michael, have you seen Lilly? I saw her this morning before I left for my charity meeting, but I can't find her."

Michael looked up from his comic, "Her and Allen were playing hide and seek earlier, ask him."

Vivian smiled at him as she turned away, but her smile quickly turned into a face of dread. The color of her face drained as she thought the worst.

Marcus was shocked as he entered his house to find a frantic wife; he could see her eyes red with tears, "Marcus! Oh thank God your here!"

Marcus tried to calm her, "Calm down Vivian, what's wrong?"

Vivian shook as she spoke, "I can't find her Marcus. I can't find my Lilly."

The couple turned to a chuckling Allen that was watching in the doorway. "Calm down.. She's in the attic."

Both parents rushed to him, Allen flinched as his farther squeezed his arm, "How long?"

Allen shrugged, "Since five."

Allen was in shock as he watched both parents run up the stairs, "He could hear his mother scream in the distance, "Lilly! Mamas coming baby! Hold on!"

Vivian stood back as Marcus opened the door. The couple rushed in to find Lilly in the fetal position shivering. Her lips had turned blue from the cold. Marcus scooped up her stiff body and rushed down the stairs to their massive bathroom. Vivian immediately started to fill the tub with warm water. Allen peeked from the doorway with concern on his face. He watched as his mother climbed in the tub, clothes and all and reached for the little body. She cradled Lilly as they sank into the warm water. Allen's eyes flinched as he watched Lilly thrash against the warm water. She felt as though her skin was burning all over agin. Vivian slowly rocked her back and forth as she whispered, "Shhh.. Mama's got you. Shhh.."

Allen then noticed his father quickly strutting towards him. He grabbed him by the shoulder, "What the hell were you thinking!?" Allen didn't answer, all he could do was hang his head.