The Chore Lady

Told by mj50cool

So I'm going right back to the same house I lived in when I had my experience with Bloody Mary, or the angry ones. It's also published in this book.

Anyway to the story. Basically my house was in the middle of nowhere and we were in the middle of a bunch of cornfields. The small town of Adel, IA, was like 3 miles away, and Perry, IA, was around 5. My mom had a doll that was possessed. That's for another story. Maybe I'll submit it to this book too. Who knows. But my point is I've been around ghosts my whole life. So has my mom. So it's not that weird for me.

So we move into this big old house and we hear sounds at night. No big deal. Then things start to go missing and showing up in crazy places. For example my mom would put her phone on the counter and there is video proof of this. Then she would walk into the bathroom. Then when she walks out she would find the camera dead and her phone gone. It would be gone for about a hour then show up on the TV stand.

My little brother would be down for a nap and my youngest sister can't even crawl yet. My oldest sister would be upstairs watching TV or talking to her friend and I would be either outside or on the computer.

My parents thought it was necessary for me to learn even before I went to school. So I would have all these activity games and lessons I would do on the computer. I also loved going outside. I would always ride my bike up and down our looong driveway. It would tire me out and I would take a nap, or most of the time I would scale a tree. Before long instead of things going missing and noises every once and a while we began to see people. L

Kids and adults. There was one person in particular I wanted to call out in this story. It was a old lady. Now half of you are thinking, "a old lady, how sweet. Did she tell you stories of when she was alive still?" And the other half are probably hightailing it out of there real quick. And I don't blame you. Now it was neither of those with our family.

Instead this old lady was interested in one thing. A clean house. When we got home from school if we didn't come in and get out chores done quickly before playing you would hear a "clomp clomp clomp" coming down the stairs. She would walk out into the living room and give us this look. Now it would scare the crap out of us. She would say in this really scary voice that if we didn't get our chores done we wouldn't get dinner, or we would be punished, so we obviously got on our chores after that. And if my mom put us to work without her help during dinner she would pass through and pat my mom and the shoulder and tell her good job.

Now I always thought this was normal. Until I went to school and started talking to people about it. They thought I was crazy. The teachers even gave me a psychiatrist. People that are said to see ghost are strange and anything but normal. My sister denies anything ever happening. She said they were just our imaginary friends. I guess she stopped seeing them. I didn't though. Me and my mom still do. I don't know why it just never went away for me.

You can call me weird or whatever. Or you can not believe me. No one else does. But hey. (Ok, so I sat my phone down after I finished writing this to go to go see what the scratching sound was coming from my room. We live in a new place now and we just moved in. When I opened my door I saw a girl sitting on my bed. I gasped because I didn't expect her be there. She had a old rag doll in her hand. She looked up at me and if looks could kill I would be cut up into little pieces, ran over with a tractor, thrown out of a plane and 6 feet under. Then the door slammed in my face. I ran down the hallway to grab my phone and write this, so ya.)

)