Run

"God dammit !I hate it when you do that!" I breathe out angrily once all rapid movement stops. "Next time tell me to hold my breath." Pietro chuckles and places me back on my feet. Going at fast speed really knocks the air out of you and gives you an annoying pain on the neck if you're not prepared.  I really hate it when he carries me while running.

"I'm much faster." Pietro shrugs. "Yeah..." I scoff at him while Steve's shield rolls towards my feet. "...but you're not strong enough." I grab it and throw it at Rhodey, hitting the reactor powering his suit. The shield bounces of and Bucky catches it midair and then tosses it to his side as Steve approaches him.

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now." Bucky breathes out while looking around to the mess we've made in less than 10 minutes.

"We gotta draw out the flyers." I point to where Clint is continuously shooting arrows at both Tony and Vision while Wanda levitates multiple objects to hit anyone up in the air.

Steve nods in agrement."I'll take Vision. You get to the jet."

"No. Not without-"

"No, you get to the jet! The three of you!" Sam cuts me off while still being chased by War Machine. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"No! Forget it. We're not leaving anyone behind!" I call out to everyone. First of all there is no way only three of us can take down multiple psycho assassins. And second of all, I did not risk everyone's safety today just so that they could wind up getting locked up in an underwater prison. No one is locking up my friends or my kids.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Clint sighs.

"This isn't the real fight, Raven."

But we can't do this on our own. I can't do this. Steve sighs and leads us behind some crates. "Alright, Sam, what's the play?" I give him a questioning look. Is he really willing to make sacrifice play on our friends.

"We need a diversion, something big." Sam suggests.

"As if this shit parade isn't already a diversion." I scoff and Bucky muffles a chuckle next to me. What else is there to do? "Got any secret shocking abilities Piet?" I look over to see Pietro and I see he's No longer with me. "Pietro?" Worried, I  step from behind the crates to search for him but Steve pulls me back behind and gives me a waiting signal.

"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half... don't come back for me." Scott suddenly  rambles on into the comms, his statements makes my lip twitch in an attempt to supress a laugh. I look around for him but appears to be nowhere in sight. Probably shrunken.

Bucky gives us a puzzled look. "He's gonna tear himself in half ?" I shrug my shoulders in response. "I don't know, I just met him today."

"You're sure about this, Scotty?" I ask.

"I do it all the time. I mean once... in a lab. Then I passed out."

"Well that's not very reassuring." Over the comms we hear him repeatedly chant 'I'm the boss' to himself. "Go for it Scott." Is all I can basically say to him. I'm not really one to give motivational speeches (that is strictly reserved for Steve) so all I can do is "encourage" them to blow up shit if it means doing the right thing.

Suddenly a giant figure shadows over us as Scott grows into a towering behemoth and grabs War Machine's leg.

"What the fuck!"