Chapter 5

Scylla's world was spinning unable to know what is happening.

Zach lifted him from her seat and without warning he captured her lips. He can't anymore control the pull of gravity. She was shocked when she got a taste of him, she blinked many times to make sure that it was really happening.

Zach was kissing her. His kisses were hard and demanding, seeking an entrance while she stood like a mannequin. It rages Zach when Scylla is not responding to his kisses. So, it was only him who has this feeling?

Scylla wanted to take the opportunity but her senses were very clear now. Zach deserves an apology before anything else. She was tempted to kiss him back but she can't, she can't do that to him.

She hates herself on thinking that way but it is for the better, so she pushed him to break the kiss.

"No." She said and the feeling of rejection was evident at Zach's face.

How can a mere push from her affect him that much?

"Zach, this is not right." She started. She needed to clear things tonight and move on from the past.

"What is right? Tell me, Scylla and I will listen if ever you are worth listening." Zach threw hurtful words at her and she doesn't have the right to complain.

"Zach, I'm sorry."

"Do you think, it's enough? Will sorry make up the five years of my life?"

"I know, same to me too!"

"Don't give me that crap. You are the one who left, not me!"

"That doesn't make me happy, Zach. We are young and easy to be swayed." Scylla said and regretted the last word.

"Swayed? what do you mean?" Zach was itching to know the whole story.

"I mean," Scylla can't formulate her words. She was already the bad person and she can't ruin someone just to make herself clean.

"I needed space, Zach and it was great timing."

"Space?" Zach felt that it was the lamest reason of all time.

"My father passed away and I needed to take care of my sick mother. Living in this city means dying to me, it's expensive and I can't even afford to hire a nurse for my mother." Scylla explained.

Zach was shocked by her news. He wanted to laugh at her first excuse but her next statement pained him. She was all alone in her misery.

"My goodness, why did you not tell me?" Zach was angry not because of her but at his own self now.

"That's exactly why I did not tell you. I don't like your pity!"

"It's not pity but to be with your side when you needed me the most!"

"I told you, I needed space."

"You are selfish, Scylla."

"What are there to share? My problems?" She wanted to give a fake laugh but she can't.

"Do you think, I didn't know the real reason?"Zach said making her eyes wide.

How can he know it? It was something between her and his father.

"I was right. Your expression says it all." Zach said with an unreadable expression.

"It was for your own sake, Zach, trust me."

"Exactly." His short reply.

"How can I destroy your big future?"

"Of course, you cannot. Now tell me yourself and I will listen." He demanded.

"No."She shook her head. She will keep her promise and she will not talk about it, not from her own lips.

"Why?" Zach said confused. She was very obvious, was she embarrassed?

Zach walked closer to her.

"What are you doing?" Scylla asked alarmed.

Zach must be throwing things and transform into a beast but he wasn't and Scylla can't tell what is happening now.

"Alright, I'll tell it myself."

"You knew." She stated not ask. How forgivable of him. Of course, it was his father.

"Scylla, you wanted a space it's not because you really wanted it. Sssh...don't interrupt me." He said while his finger on her lips.

"You didn't share your problem because you are selfish to own it, to take the pain by yourself. How can I question your love, Scylla?" Zach now caressed her cheek.

It was impossible but Zach already forgives her. He will not deny it any longer, it was a long time ago and he chooses the word hate so he can't forget her and he can go on even without her for years. He was afraid he can't anymore find his love but this night happened. She can't run away this time, to ruin his plan.

"You love me. Why did it take five years to go back to me?" Zach said with sadness that pierced through her heart.

"Zach," Scylla said because she was not expecting it.

"I did not stop loving you, baby." Scylla's heart wanted to burst out. He called him, baby, an endearment they made fun and he just said that he still loves her.

"Oh, Zach."

"Tell me, you love me too because I know you are. You still wear our promise ring."

"I love you, Zach. I always love you, always..." She gave him the words he demanded.

"God, I knew it!" He said before he took her lips.

It was soft then aggressive, this time Scylla kissed him back. Oh, how she missed the taste of his lips. She wanted to slap herself on pushing him earlier when she wanted it bad.

"You took too long to go back." He said breaking his hungry kisses.

He was kissing her as if ravishing her. A course on the fine dining of his favorite.

"Zach." And she pushed him, this time to breathe.

"You are taking my air away."

"I miss you, that I could kiss you one day without stopping!"

They both chuckled.

"That's ridiculous of you, we will die." She said.

"Not yet, you can't die without my permission this time. You have to make up those five long years." He warned and kissed her again by surprise.

"I like the new name of your company by the way, so you." She commented.

"Of course, the name lures you here." His reply.

"And your anger earlier wants me to escape, away from you."

"You can't escape this time, not until you have my permission." He said and kissed her again and again.

How can she be so lucky with Zach? Was it real and not a dream?

And then her nightmare begins. The glass door opened and Zach's dad appeared, not pleased.