|Apprehended|

Like a bat out of hell, they were gone when the morning came

The two sisters had shared their intimate moment, each coming to grips with the new information in a different way. It was Clary who decided the others needed to know this information and therefore was the one to share it whilst Evie wandered off to the side not wanting to even guess what the others were going to say. She contemplated what this new information meant to not just herself but the others. Especially what it meant to Isabelle. Sure Evie had only known the other girl for a short period of time, like a very short period. Yet she felt ever so attracted to the girl. She couldn't help these feelings either. Though she cursed at them for forming so fast, for forming at all. She had only lost Gret a month prior and this was wrong on so many levels. Evie knew she couldn't argue with what the heart wanted but she so badly wanted it to be different. 

She watched Alec go off, anger surging through him upon the realisation of who the two girls truly were. His reaction frightened Evie, though she should have really expected it. These people were raised knowing how vile the deeds her father had performed and how much of a threat he was. It was logical that Alec was to act out in this manner his points were valid. But it did not stop the stinging feeling his behaviour caused as Evie began to feel almost a friendship forming between the two and she would have thought he had yet to see any kind of negative behaviour from either sister. 

It was at this moment that Isabelle ran over a look of perplex on her face it had appeared as though she had run a marathon only moments ago. But it was also then that Evie realised that their merry group of six had dwindled down to five. Simon was no where in sight, in the time that she had been to see the Silent brothers and come back and up until now, he had vanished. Clary freaked out upon Isabelle for having lost Simon. And it was moments like this that made Evie think that Clary felt just a little more towards Simon than she initially let on. In Evie's eyes it was probably Simon's god awful luck that had gotten him captured or he had just simply gotten lost. If she had bad luck Simon had catastrophically bad luck, the poor boy always seemed to end up at the bad end of everything. Nothing he seemed to do ended up well. He had fallen hard for his best friend who continued to string him aside only to use his feelings for her for his own personal use. He had very little luck in starting off in the music world sure he was talented but he had next to no support. There were many more examples Evie could think of. In Clary's panic she had called Simon's name repetitively, despite not getting a response. She still continued though flailing around like a chicken whilst doing so. 

"Is that the mundane's name? I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." Evie lifted her head in the direction of where the voice had come from. Two figures holding what she assumed was Simon stood elegantly on the steel structure, and Evie had to wonder how they had done this. The two figures belonged to two boys, at first they appeared to be around the same age as the rest of the merry little group gathered yet they didn't seem exactly the same, something was off. They were unusually pale and had strange coloured eyes, strangely they reminded Evie of the Vampires from Twilight. Upon remembering that everything she once thought was a myth was, in fact, the truth she realised that these people were actually Vampires. Just whatever, Stephanie Mayor had said about Vampires was probably incorrect rather the information from the traditional tales was more correct.

"The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the mortal cup"

"Well aren't the Vampires the nicest people around" It appeared that Evie's wit was not appreciated at the current time. She was only trying to lighten the situation but to no avail. Sure the Vampires had taken Simon and given a stupid request in which they were willing to trade. It was idiotic to think that the shadowhunters would willing give over the one object that could give someone unlimited power. Sure Simon was a good friend of her own, Evie could even say she loved him like a brother but she wasn't sure she would willingly trade his life for something as important as the mortal cup. She didn't know exactly what it did but she knew it wasn't good and she knew it wasn't worth one life. Not that peoples should be traded anyways, the slave trade in America had ended years ago and that was disgusting. Absolutely vile and the fact that the racism it had created still existed to this day was still disgusting. How could one person's life be worth less than someone else's just because of something they couldn't control, how could they be treated in a certain manner because they had a different colour skin. It was diabolical that people were allowed to get away with it. 

But this was not the moment to be thinking about this, sure it was a very important topic, but maybe Evie should focus on how upset her sister had become. Though all she could do was hold her older sister as Clary wept because Simon had been taken away from her. But Evie couldn't really say anything to console her sister, Evie didn't even want Simon to be part of this world and the moment he did he gets kidnapped by Vampires. It didn't help that Evie also knew deep down that this was only the first time that Simon would find himself in trouble as being part of this world.

Original Word count: 781

2nd update June 2020 Word count: 1007