Anticipation

(A.N. - At first I wasn't going to make all the titles start with 'A' but after I unintentionally named the first three chapters with the same starting letter, I just continued with it, which I am starting to regret. Also, Dallon's laugh is the most beautiful thing you will ever hear)

I sat at my desk while Pete and Patrick sat in a couple of the chairs left in the hallway, waiting patiently for Spencer to finish up talking to Dallon. After awhile, Spencer came walking out and he immediately looked towards Pete, he gave me a look that appeared to say, 'Really?' before walking down to his desk once again. 

"YES! FINALLY! MY TURN!" Pete shouted and Patrick gave him a look. "I mean, OUR TURN!"

Pete and Patrick stood up and started walking towards Dallon's room, with me following behind them. 

"Dallon! You're awake, buddy! How are you!" Pete greeted. 

"I'm tired, even though I have been basically sleeping for god knows how long. You're Pete, yes? It sounds like you," Dallon replied excitedly. 

"Yeah, it's me, and this is Patrick," Pete said. 

"Patrick! You guys came together a few times if I remember correctly!" Dallon exclaimed. 

"Yeah, we did," Patrick replied. 

"There, now I recognize you!" Dallon smiled, he looked so happy and his smile was so beautiful. I kinda wished I hadn't flipped out on him, but I was so upset and worried about him. 

"How is consciousness suiting you?" Pete asked, quietly giggling. 

"Good? I guess, I have done nothing but talk to people, so I haven't really had the time to breathe since I woke up," Dallon replied. "I tried to play a joke on Brendon, but he kinda flipped out a bit." 

Dallon looked a little sad and disappointed when he said this, making me feel even more guilty. Anyone would have freaked out if they thought someone was about to die, only to find out it was a prank.

"That's Brendon, alright, he is no fun," Pete joked. 

"Hey! I can be fun!" I suddenly defended. 

"Literally the only thing you do is work, watch Netflix, and sleep. You are so boring, B," Pete replied. 

"I am so done with you, Pete," I sighed. 

"See? Right there! I am trying to be fun and you are just getting annoyed!" Pete said. 

Dallon started laughing at Pete and I arguing, I couldn't help but smile at it. It was so cute and happy, I loved it. 

"Okay, whatever, but earlier I was really worried about him, I thought he was dying, and when I found out it was a joke, I just kinda flipped out. I thought I lost him before I even got to know him, and I was just feeling so many emotions at once. I'm sorry for flipping out on you, Dallon." I apologized. 

"I'm sorry, I knew doing that would be a hit or miss and it was a big miss. I won't do it again, I should have thought about that, I didn't even think that it would worry you so much," Dallon replied. "I just figured from the way you guys sounded, that you would be the kind of people who would find fun in that."

"We weren't even sure you were going to survive in the first place, so I thought something happened to you. Just as long as you don't do that again, you're fine. There are other ways to mess with me, you have my permission, as long as you don't give me another heart attack. I can't be your nurse if I am hospitalized too," I said and I smiled at him. 

"Okay," he said quietly, smiling back. 

"Now that you two are done, let me get back to talking to him, you can have him later, Brendon. Get out of here before you steal mine and Patrick's time again," Pete rushed out while pushing me out the door. 

"Don't let them corrupt you, Dallon! Remember who takes care of you!" I shouted before having the door slammed in my face. I could hear Dallon laughing again from behind the door and I smiled. 

I walked over to my desk and grabbed my phone so I could text the rest of the guys and tell them Dallon was awake, but to wait to come see him so they don't overwhelm him. They all happily texted me back and told me to text them when they could come see him. After Pete and Patrick emerged from Dallon's room, I sent a text out to all the guys saying whoever messaged back first would determine which pair got to come see Dallon next. It ended up being Josh and Tyler, but Gerard and Frank were going to head over anyway so they could just come see Dallon right after them. 

"Are you two going to hang around or are you going to head home?" I asked, putting my phone back in my desk. 

"I think we should probably head home," Patrick answered. "Don't want Dallon to steal Pete from me."

"Dallon could never replace you,"Pete replied. 

"Whatever, you guys, can you leave and do your cute coupley stuff at home?" I asked desperately. 

"Fine, let's go, Patrick," Pete said, extending his hand for Patrick to grab. They were so cute, it made me sick. 

I walked into Dallon's room to tell him that Josh and Tyler were coming to see him, and they Gerard and Frank would see them afterward. 

"Hey, Dallon, just wanted to tell you that Josh and Tyler are on their way to come see you, then Gerard and Frank will come see you too. I told them not to come crowd you all at once since you just woke up," I explained. 

"It's okay, I don't mind. It's nice being able to put faces to voices," Dallon smiled. 

"Do you have anyone else you want me to call today? The only person that we knew how to contact that knew you was Breezy, do you want me to try to call her again?" I suggested, causing the smile dropped from his face. 

"Not today," he said sadly, I wondered what I said that upset him. 

"Okay, well, Josh and Tyler should be here soon, so I'll go wait for them. I'll talk to you in a little bit," I said quietly, walking out and closing the door. 

I waited patiently until I saw Josh and Tyler walk up, Gerard and Frank close behind them. 

"Can we go in now?" Tyler asked excitedly. 

"Yeah, go ahead, it's fine. Make sure to introduce yourselves so he can put your face to your voice. Same goes for you two when it's your turn," I said, pointing at Gerard and Frank, who nodded their heads happily, they were all excited to see him finally awake. Josh and Tyler walked into Dallon's room after I finished talking. 

"When did he wake up?" Gerard asked. 

"About an hour and a half ago," I replied, and we nonchalantly conversed about Dallon waking up while we waited. 

"I can't wait to meet him!" Frank cheered excitedly. 

"Me too," Gerard replied. 

"You guys will like him, he's pretty cool," I said. 

"Pete says your opinion of him is a little more than just thinking he's 'pretty cool'," Gerard said while wiggling his eyebrows. 

"YOU WILL SAY NOTHING LIKE THAT TO HIM!" I shouted. "I swear, Gerard, if you tell him that I like him, I will murder you." 

"You'll have to get through me first," Frank replied protectively. 

"That's not gonna be very hard, Frank, look how little you are," I teased. 

"Just because I am short doesn't mean I can't kick your ass," Frank sassed. 

"I'd like to see you try," I laughed. 

"Bring it on, Brendon," Frank giggled, putting his fists up. 

"No fighting in the hospital, Urie," Spencer laughed from down the hallway. 

"We will fight another day, Frank," I said and he burst out laughing.