Chapter 7

Their 25th anniversary celebration started early morning with us all going out to have breakfast at a local restaurant. We had all brought some of our presents. I wanted to give them mine later, in other words, in private. But mom knew what I had been working on and "forced" me to bring it along.

Mom and dad gave them their presents first, a lovely bouquet and a few things they had wished for. Ava was quick enough to hand them their gift box straight after. Alfonso smiled at Ava's eagerness. "This is from Alfonso, Addie and I" Ava said proudly as she sat back waiting for them to open up the nice giftwrapping to uncover their present.

I was a part of their present? Mom smiled at me and winked at the still unwrapped present behind them, my present for them. "I thought you just had that present?" mom smiled at me, the others followed her gaze to look at the biggest present here. Making me feel uncomfortable in the spotlight.

"Addie, is that from you?" Alfonso's mom asked curious with a big smile. I nodded weakly looking down at my plate. Could this just be over with already. Ava and Alfonso looked at me confused and surprised. They had no idea what i had been making, and for a good reason. They didn't ask

His parents opened Ava and Alfonsos present, which may or may not also include me. As the wrapping paper came off if showed a big picture of a cruise ship in front of a sandy beach on a palm tree filled island.

"Thank you so much" Alfonso's mom said to Ava and Alfonso overjoyed, "We are going on a cruise" she smiled at her husband, thrilled at the idea of going away at a somewhat 'second honeymoon'. "But don't think you will be having houseparties while we are gone" She pointed an accusing finger at Alfonso, making everyone laugh.

They started talking about amazing Hawaii, where they could take the cruise to, or Bahamas, wherever they preferred. A very generous gift i think, I have no idea how they can afford something like that. Alfonso doesn't have a job and Ava doesn't have a dollar. The spaintrip was definitely sponsored by his parents, maybe ours as well. But this cruise, no way they paid for it themselves.

I thought they had forgotten about my present, but I guess I am never that lucky. They all started hinting towards my present afterwards and their dad just took it from beside him and put it up on the table to show while they unwrapped the wrapping.

"You really shouldn't have gotten us something, we didn't ask for anything" his mom smiled at me, I knew her words were genuine, she really didn't like me spending money on them. But I really didn't spend that much to be honest.

They took the wrapping and silent filled the table as everyone looked down at the collage i made them. Guilt build up in me, I shouldn't have made it - it was foolish of me to think they would like it. Of course they would like something bought instead of something i made myself. I should have gotten them something they actually needed instead of a stupid art project i had been working on.

"Did you make this?" Alfonso's dad asked shocked as he kept looking at it. I couldn't get out of this now, i just have to admit making it and apologize. Possibly move to another planet. "Yes" i said quietly "If you don't like, just throw it out" i quietly added. I was engulfed in a tight hug the next second, Alfonso's dad was hugging me so tight "It is wonderful, thank you so much". It felt so weird, and still so good to be accepted like that, to know i did something really good.

The rest of breakfast was spend talking about all the memories they had together from the pictures i had chosen to be on the collage. they really liked it, they all did, and I was the center of attention now, and for the first time I think I actually enjoyed it.

While our parents went to get ready, Alfonso took Ava and I to the city, not telling us what we were doing there. We went to this hairdresser, which turned out to be a spa. Ava was so excited that she jumped into his arms thanking him a million times before walking around taking a look at all the products and a list of their services.

"Thank you" I said to Alfonso, it was nice of him. And i have to forgive them at some point to move on, they are trying for me, maybe i should try for them. He smiled kindly at me, making my insides all warm and fluffy and this overwhelming urge to touch him took over and I found myself hugging him. He hugged me back, after the shock wore off. As i realized my actions i moved away but he grabbed me gently and kept a hand on me all the time, i liked it.

"I booked the next 5 hours here for you, hair, nails, makeup, massage, whatever you desire" He said proudly, "really??" Ava's eyes lid up like christmas light, "yes, i wanted to spoil my girls". I looked up at him and he simply smiled down at me reassuring me that he really meant that I was his girl as well.

A lady came over to take our jackets and told us to follow her behind two curtains where we would get a massage. "Are you leaving?" I told him unsure, i think i wanted him to stay. I felt uneasy having him leave us here. He somehow made me feel very safe. A new feeling.

He caressed my cheek, another gesture that made my insides all warm and fluffy and greedy for more. "Not unless you want me to, do you?" he asked unsure. I honestly think he did plan on leaving but my insecurities made him change his mind and stay.