Chapter 27

Amy's POV

I was the only one who knew about Emily and Allen talking again. Even he didn't know that I knew. Knowing this and that Ryan and Allen had hung out had made me angry. Allen didn't trust me and Ryan had left me. I slug back in my chair and ponder this. Somehow, I ended up tapping my feet in rhythm.

*Tap tap*

*Tap tap*

"Will you stop that?!" Snarled Nick, who eyed me angrily.

I had forgotten he was there...

"Sorry." I began to bite my nails, a bad habit that formed because of Ryan's absence. The fact that Allen has been lying to me made me worried, and I knew something was wrong. I wasn't sure what was wrong yet, but I had no doubt In my mind that it involved Emily. She wasn't good for him; in some ways, I even compared her to Ryan. Not that I'm agreeing with Allen or anything, but, somewhere deep down, I knew that Ryan was no good for me.

"What has he done to you?" All the anger subsided from his voice, and all that was left was worry, and pity.

"Huh?"

"You must really love him." He stared at me for a moment, conflict. Within seconds, his face became blank, and he looked away. A grin formed on my face: a jealous Nick. He saw my smile from the corner of his eye. His head flew up in surprise. "What?" My grin just grew wider, if that was even possible, so wide that it hurt. "Okay, Babe. Ya scarin' me!" He mocked my accent.

"Not funny."

"Not my intention."

"Fuck you!"

"When?"

"Never you cow!"

"I'll wait here then....I'll wait 'til you make a mooove..." He folded his arms, and I threw my hands up in frustration, but smiled at the pun. "Why are you so obsessive over this one guy?" He became serious again.

"Well.... I don't really know... He's just.. The one," he cringed at those words, almost in disgust. "I can't explain..."

"So, let me get this straight: you ignored the guy that loved you so much more than Ryan?" I could feel confusion seep into my expression, "I'm talking about Lewis, smarty."

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. I had expected Nick to continue the conversation, but he stopped at that.

Ryan's POV

Today, I graduated high school. After all the celebration, I go searching for my family in the pool of people. I finally find my parents, but when I glimpse to my left and see Amy. I almost panic at the sight of her and my parents being in the same room; what was I to do? As Amy makes her way over, my mom, who is as tall as Amy, hugs me softly. By my side, Amy stood, and my mother in front of me.

"Hey!" Amy gasp over the loud crowd. "Look who's finally done with school!" Amy's smile lights up the room, and I almost smile, but the sight of Nick takes the joy from my "big day". "Nick, you know Ry-,"

"Of course not. Someone you talk about 24/7? I have no idea who he is," grumbles Nick.

My mom nudges me, "I don't get an introduction?"

"Oh, right! This is my mom,"

"That's it? That's all I get?"

"What else should I say?"

"'You see that beautiful, and sexy beast over there?! Yep! That's my mama! Woo!'" She smirks and shakes their hands. "Would you like to eat dinner with us?" My eyes widen, and everyone notices. I glance at my dad who's staring at Amy. I follow his line of vision: Amy's stomach. I blush and look away as soon as possible.

"Sure."Amy sighs. But Nick isn't as convinced.

"I'll pass,"

"Nick," pleads Amy.

"No." He leaves and Amy's expression is smug.

Amy's POV

I was amazed by my reaction to seeing Ryan again. He looked at me with wide eyes. I wasn't surprised by Nick's decision to turn down me and Ryan's moms offer for food.

At the restaurant, which was filled to the max, I kept getting a strange look from the people around me. I was only three months, but it was obvious that I was pregnant. I just smiled and turned away. We ordered food, and had small conversation.

"So Amy, how have you been?" Ms. M said.

"I been just fine." She smirked and crinkled her forehead at me. "What?"

"You're from down south, huh?" I could feel my face flush into a bright red color, and I could see Ry smiling from the corner of my eye. After his mom finished, she stood and gestured towards her husband: who was way to quiet. "I'll leave y'all to it!" I could hear her mocking my accent slightly. I grumbled, loudly. She's almost out the door when she yells, "I grew up down south; it's amazing!"

Just me and Ryan, in one room. I almost start to panic, but his lips came crashing down towards mine. When we meet, my heart flutters so hard, it knocks the breaths out of me. When we disconnect, we just stare at each other. I begin to speak but the words disappeared with a kiss.

"I. Love. You. And I'm a dumbass! I'm so dumb. I....I..." I grab his hand and drags him to the parking lot.

"Ryan-,"

"No. I have to say this. You're perfect in every way and I was too stupid to see. I was too much of a shit to open my mind and too dumb to open my heart. I sound stupid and useless and like a fuck up, but I just need to except the fact that you're more than I deserve and..." I hop on my tip-toes and kiss his soft lips.

"Shut the fuck up," I demanded. "I'm nowhere near perfect and anyone who says different is blind."

"I'm blind as hell," he mumbled, embracing me again.

We go to my place to make up for lost time. As we're parking, I glance up to see Emily on our front step. My body becomes stiff, and it becomes hard to breath. The bitch who ruined my brother; the one who left him crawling in misery.