Chapter Four.

"SO YOU'RE A SCAVENGER THEN?" ARABELLA ASKED AS SHE FOLLOWED REY THROUGH THE DESERT

"SO YOU'RE A SCAVENGER THEN?" ARABELLA ASKED AS SHE FOLLOWED REY THROUGH THE DESERT. Two or so hours had passed, for the sun now sat in the middle of the sky, and a now-rested Arabella had insisted on joining Rey on a trade deal that she was going to make with Unkar Plutt.

"I have to meet a man so famous so I can say I've finally met a celebrity," the girl had joked as she started trailing behind Rey, roughly twenty minutes ago, when they had first left Rey's AT-AT walker. Now, Arabella lifted her head at the upcoming columns to see that they had arrived to the nearest town, Niima Outpost.

"Pretty much," Rey replied simply, not at all as excited by her life as Arabella was. To Arabella, Rey's life was beyond fascinating. Arabella had been found by the Resistance twenty-so years ago, and had been lived with them her entire life. She had never known what it was like to have a normal life—to live out a typical routine—so Rey intrigued her more than any other alien she had met.

Perhaps it was the fact that she was human—a simple, broken but beautiful human—that interested her so much.

"Wait here," Rey instructed once she had led the girl and her droid to a sheltered area near Unkar Plutt's booth. She saw the large pink creature from a distance and turned her nose up at his stench, which she could smell from metres away, watching as he quarrelled over portions with another scavenger. "Don't touch anything."

Arabella sent the girl two thumbs up in agreement and watched Rey approach the booth, presenting to Unkar her findings which had consisted of nothing more than a few pieces found from old Star Destroyers in the area Rey had called "the Graveyard". She viewed their transaction, but was pulled away when she heard BB-8 frantically beeping beside her.

"What is it, Buddy?" She asked looking down at the droid, only to see them looking to the other side of the shelter, by the watering well, where a dark-skinned man was drinking hastily out of the well. She looked at him with disgust, taking in how unfazed he seemed by the large hairless mammoth-like creature that was spurting water right next to him.

However, the initiate disgust was quickly drawn away when Arabella noticed the jacket the man was wearing. It was a tired brown leather jacket, with the familiar orange patch of the Resistance symbol sewed on the arm, near the shoulder. She narrowed her eyes in recognition. That man, a man she had never seen before, was wearing Poe Dameron's jacket.

Ignoring Rey's original orders, Arabella took off, chasing after the man with a fire in her eyes. She dismissed the fact that she looked like a madman, or that Rey was calling her, wondering what she was doing.

The last time Arabella had seen Poe, Kylo Ren had taken him as prisoner onto his ship. She had watched Poe leave with the First Order. How did this man have his jacket?

When the man stepped away from the watering well and his eyes landed on the girl, he smiled at her, finding her to be quite pretty. However, his original attraction was replaced with simple fear as she ran to him. He darted away, slipping through different tents, until he suddenly collided head-first with Rey's staff. He fell to the ground and only regained his footing when Arabella and BB-8 joined the pair.