Chapter Three.

THE GIRL AND THE DROID WALKED THROUGH THE DESERT TIREDLY UNTIL THE GOLDEN RAYS OF DAWN BEGAN TO BRAKE THROUGH THE NAVY SKY

THE GIRL AND THE DROID WALKED THROUGH THE DESERT TIREDLY UNTIL THE GOLDEN RAYS OF DAWN BEGAN TO BRAKE THROUGH THE NAVY SKY. Arabella was showered in the stench of her own sweat, blisters forming on her feet beneath her worn leather boots at the hundreds of kilometres she had walked. Her throat was dry, making it hard to breathe, and whilst there were many things to be worried about, the memory of seeing Kylo for the first time in years was incapable of leaving her mind.

Her mind was spinning and her knees buckled, causing her to fall onto the soft sand. "We should rest here, BeeBee-Ate...just for a moment..." the girl said through ragged breaths, though she quickly discovered that the droid was not listening to her because they were too preoccupied by fighting off the monster on the robotic horse.

"Hey!" The girl shouted, running over to the droid that was squealing in high-pitched bleeps. "Let him go, he's mine."

The creature ignored the girl and the desperation seeding in her voice, for he knew nothing of what she said-

"Tal'ama parqual!"

Arabella stopped, so did the creature, and they both looked over to the girl who had suddenly appeared before her. A part of Arabella felt as though she had fallen into a dream, and that this girl—this angel—was simply a mirage.

She took in the stranger, who's chocolate brown hair was tucked into three messy buns, trailing down her head. Her skin was fair, but spotted with freckles and sweat. The clothes she wore were baggy, and to Arabella, it looked as if the girl had just loosely wrapped some bandages around her knee-length shorts and tight-fitting t-shirt. In her right hand, she held a staff like it could be a weapon of mass destruction.

Whatever the girl had said, it must have intimidated the creature enough for him to drop the bag in which he had BB-8 before continuing on his way. When he was gone, Arabella retrieved the switchblade she kept in her left boot and carefully sliced BB-8 from the net trap.

"How did you do that?" Arabella asked the girl when she noticed she had not walked away.

"It was nothing," she shrugged. "Just Teedo. He wanted your friend for parts, probably to sell to Unkar Plutt. He has no respect for anyone."

"Unkar Plutt?" Arabella met the stranger with a confused gaze.

"You're not from around here, aren't you?" The stranger replied, a small smile tempting her flushed face. When Arabella gave the girl a quick nod, she explained, "He's the local trade dealer. A lot of scavengers will bring him parts in exchange for other things...food, tools, whatever you need."

"We need a ship," the girl smiled hopefully.

"You have a better chance of getting your hand on the sun," she said bluntly.

"Who are you?" Arabella found herself asking suddenly, catching the stranger by surprise.

The stranger took an unintentional step back. "I'm no one."