Looking Back(Part 2)

A/N: HI EVERYONE! Just a quick note here, the first few chapters will be focusing on Pick still being uncertain about his feeling for Rome. Although he knows there's something there, he's in denial and is still confused. Therefore he's still testing the waters with Rome but not trying to define their "relationship".

Jealousy. Denial. Jealousy. Denial. It was like a never-ending phase. When you cling onto me and follow me around, what I would do to get rid of you. Your very presence and persuasive nature annoyed me. Yet I learned to deal with it and started dragging you along with me everywhere. If there's one thing I hated, it was how impulsive I became when it came to you. There are days when I wanted you nowhere near me but the moment I see someone trying to get close to you other than Emma, my possessiveness would act out. Especially around that P'Din, how could you not tell that he likes you? Your obliviousness irritated me. I don't trust that guy around you.

Driving to that restaurant, I was furious. We were supposed to have dinner! Only us! Why did Rome have to bring this weird junior along? As we arrived in the restaurant, I did whatever I could to make Din feel uncomfortable.

"Hey P'Pick, Give it to me straight, what's wrong with you?" Rome said, obviously irritated with my unfriendly behavior. I ignored him and continued looking at the menu. Should I not be mad? A random stranger is sitting with us for dinner.

"It's none of your business." I said, glaring at him. Rome, being too familiar with my on and off behavior, decided to change the topic.

"I'm going to Khaoyai to take photos, do you want to go with me?", he asked, obviously wanting me to say yes.

"Why do I have to go?", I asked in an irritated voice.

"Well, I'm going alone with P'Din then", he said dismissively. Over my dead body would you go alone with this creep.

"What day?"

"This Friday."

"The day after tomorrow?" I asked. I looked at P'Din with a glare, This guy obviously wanted to go with Rome by himself. No way was I going to let that happen, my schedule suddenly became clear. "I'm free."

Din continued to push me to the edge. I gave countless of remarks that obviously meant he should go by himself. He was silently challenging me as he smiled and said that he would have to impose himself on that trip. He was trouble and I knew it from the start. That entire trip was a disaster waiting to happen.

The moment I saw this P'Din, I knew that there was something off with him. Forget my pride, I was going to show him who Rome belonged to. To say that I was being a high maintenance brat was an understatement. Even I knew that I was being absolutely irrational.

"Is there enough to share?" I asked, trying to be indifferent. Gripping the wheel, I was doing my best to hide how irritated I was.

"We still have plenty of them left." Rome replied suggestively as he looked down to see the countless bag of chips on the car floor.

"But I want the one I just had" I said, obviously annoyed. Rome was trying to diffuse the awkward tension and gave P'Din a new bag of chips instead. He placed my chips right between us.

"How am I supposed to eat? Can't you see I'm driving." I replied as if I was completely incapable of eating while driving. I knew that Rome was doing his best to keep his cool but he could no longer hold the expression on his face. He continued to feed me chips and water. I made sure that Din was able to see all this from the back. "There, his attention is back on me" I smugly thought.