Chapter 1

Bradford, England

~ Malik's first home ~

"Zayn we got you a fine mate to play with ya" Yaser grinned at his little six year old boy.

The young raven haired child clapped his hands excitedly. Boy did he love company and fun. Something his parents lacked.

"Here is Harry" The father pulled a small curly headed boy who looked about the same age of Zayn.

"Harry this is Zayn" Yaser introduced the two boys to eachother.

"Hello" Harry gave Zayn a friendly smile which Zayn returned.

"Hello" he answered in a shy tone.

Harry was his playmate through his youth since his parents never seemed to be around him. Parties and shows were far more important than spending time with their only son. The poor boy was always shy and lonely. He was lucky if the servants of the house would accompany him.

As Zayn grew a bit older his mate Harry was then made his nurse. It didn't quite make sense but to Zayn Harry was always his best mate. After his father adopted him they clicked and were instant buddies. Harry was a bit older than Zayn so he practically took care of Zayn most of the time. Zayn felt Harry was more of a parent than his nurse despite his age.

Later on Zayn's parents decided to move to the city. Yorkshire, England. A little city near Scotland. There his father was able to switch his job location and still be the owner of his biggest company.

Another wealthy family lived there although they owned all of Yorkshire. Many people actually got along with them which was surprising. The family from Wolverhampton basically celebrities in the job force. They were also peaceful people. Who would ever want to start something with them?

With the Malik's moving in they became the second richest family in Yorkshire. Yaser didn't like to be the second best, no he was always thirsty in being first.

Secretly he hated the Payne's. He hated how fake they acted and how they ruled Yorkshire as if it was their kingdom. 'Such fake plastic people' he'd think. He awaited for a reason to start something with them.

Yaser decided to enroll his son Zayn and his mate Harry into school at Yorkshire's finest primary school. Little did he know the Payne's only son attended that school as well and was also in the same grade as Zayn.

Walking inside Zayn slumped his arms over himself  in an attempt to hide his face. He was far to shy to reveal himself to the other kids. From all the little company he got he became socially awkward.

"Ah Zayn come take a seat beside Liam" The teacher sang happily gesturing him to sit next to a rather cute brown headed boy.

Zayn bit his bottom lip anxiously and sat next to the boy after taking his school bag off and placing it behind his chair.

The nine year old next to him turned and widely grinned at him "Hello, I'm Liam" he held out his hand for Zayn to shake.

Hesitantly Zayn flickered his eyes down to Liam's hand and back up to his alluring bright brown eyes. The raven haired boy could feel his stomach drop in the weirdest way which he had never felt before.

Braving it Zayn put his hand in Liam's abruptly shaking it as he felt his fingers tingle in the other kids grasp. There was some sort of connection between the two and deep down they knew it.

"I'm Zayn"

That was the start of a strong friendship through the school year.

Liam and Zayn only played with eachother. Harry was in a bigger grade so Zayn rarely saw him . Liam became his new playmate. Liam would stand up for Zayn if someone tried to mess with him. He kept him safe and secure. Liam really cared for him despite the little time he knew him.