Ignoring his childish outburst as though it never happened he tried to start up a conversation.
"So how was your day today Dan?" He said not looking at me, too busy focused on making sure the spoon goes into his mouth and not his ear. Sensing he was too tired to talk, I put my empty bowl in the sink, careful not clutter the plate again the sides, he hated that. Saying my good night, I hugged him and wearily travelled to my room. When I got halfway up the stairs I could the faint voice of my father.

"That's great Dan!" He replied to the answer he never received. I chuckled to myself. For a very serious man, he could be quite strange. He had his moments.
The cold breeze hit me, sending shivers up my spine and back down as soon as I opened the door. The curtains billowed from the wind entering the room. I cursed under my breath when I realised the windows had been opened since this morning. The entire house and dropped in temperature. My Dad hated the cold more than anything, so I knew he'd be angry. No matter what, the temperature could not be below twenty degrees Celsius. At night it got really hot in my room to the point where it got hard to breathe. Okay, maybe I was being a bit dramatic but the point was my Dad liked warmth. It was comforting to know that the extremity of our arguments never went past who touched the thermostat. By depressing as that was the depth our conversations were at.
I ran across the room, dodging the myriad of junk that littered the floor and shut the window. Deciding I was going to try and get lots of sleep to avoid another fainting episode at school tomorrow- not that I would mind Wesley coming to my rescue again. I got into bed at ten o clock. If I fell asleep now, I would get nine hours of shut eye. My mind was doing a marathon leaving my bloodshot eyes to stare up at the ceiling. I took out my phone to pass the time with, and I got temporarily blinded. Even though the brightness level was very low, it was still too bright. Before my eyes, nine turned to eight which turned to five. A bazillion though plagued my troubled mind. At times I could feel myself drifting into the foreign land of sleep when I suddenly woke up against my will. This cycle continued four times. It was at times like this where my mind was free to wander into places that I had buried so deep I nearly forget they were there. Nearly.

"Come on Danae, everyone's going to be there..." she urged desperately. "We have to go, it's the biggest party of the year!" She continued. Reasons, why I should attend this 'life-altering party', had been spilling from her mouth since the beginning of the week. Days had passed yet she remained as resilient as ever, her enthusiasm not once wavering. She'd even try to convince while I was on the toilet. Her voice coming from the gap between the floor and the door. The classroom didn't stop her from putting her powers of persuasion on him, which ended in both of us in detention with the terrible Ms Nolan. That got me angry. The determination she was displaying was vexatious yet admirable, but parties just weren't my scene. I really did wish it was, but it wasn't. I wasn't the type of person to go out and make friends, I was lucky to have even one friend, Alissa. It doesn't come as naturally to me as it does to others. I am pathetic. Sometimes I feel as though Alissa is only my friend before she pities me, struggles of a teenage loser I guess. Today was Friday, the day of the party. The optimist in her brought outfits for us to wear. She was confident in her abilities to make people do things that they don't want. Alissa vowed to not go unless I did, which made me feel like I was ruining her plans. Now that I think about it, it was probably one of her techniques to make me feel guilty and come. It was working.

Deciding to let her out of her misery, I put my hand over her mouth to stop her from uttering any more words. She gave a look like 'what the hell are you doing?' But I just sighed and put a devastated look on my face.

" Guess who's coming to the party?" I asked her in a very unenthusiastic voice. "I'll give you a hint, she has a very annoying, but very convincing friend." My hand over her mouth stopped her from answering my question. The look in her eyes let me know that she knew I was coming. "Well you're never going to guess so I'll just tell you, it's me," I said after a few seconds of silence. The shock of my statement must have paralysed her as she just stared at me with wide eyes. I laughed at her expression and opened the door to her ensuite, not wanted to be in the vicinity when the bomb went off. As soon as I shut the door, a scream that could rival a banshee invaded my ears.