Chapter Twenty Five

***

"No human is perfect, and that's fine, that's okay. That's the way it should be. This is life and imperfection is beautiful and don't be afraid of that." 

- Dylan O'Brien

***

Thea 

As I said before I am not good with awkward situations, especially ones dealing with a certain Martinez. The whole car trip we sit in silence and it isn't one of those comfortable one's either. We both have things to say, but are too suborn to say them. I let out a breath when I see Walker's Company, not something I thought I would ever do. When I turn to leave, the door lock shut and when I open them they close again.

I lean my head back against the seat and shut my eyes. "Asher," I say sternly.

"I am sorry."

"I don't want a sorry Asher."

"I probably had one actual relationship with the whole dating thing, but that was way back in high school. I don't trust people, but you make me want to do things that are just crazy."

"Walker is probably waiting on us."

"No, Thea you will sit here and listen to me talk like a fool, because I guarantee you that this will never happen again."

"Asher do you really think this is the right time for this?"

"You're here, I am here and we are alone," he says thinking over it. "I think we are good, now back to my story. When I first saw you I thought you were a crazy idiot bitch."

"Wow, you really know how to charm a woman."

"What I am trying to say is that I didn't intentionally get feelings for you, they just appeared. I missed you and I didn't realize that because I lied to myself saying that I didn't care, but every day was a struggle without you. You were in my thoughts every second of the day that it scared me. I just.... I don't let people in because I am afraid they will leave me, so when I started to feel empty without you I was hurt, but I masked that pain with anger. I was mad that I needed you to make myself feel whole again."

"If you truly feel that way then we are not much different Martinez," I said smiling softly.

"I am sorry," he whispers so softly that I have to lean in to hear him.

"It's fine Asher. I understand I really do, but sometimes the best thing you can do is to just let go. Let go of that fear and let people in, because if there is one thing I learned through this it's best to let people in then let them go."

He lets out a bitter laugh. "I am the boss of a billion dollar international company who is talking to girl about his problems."

"Even the strong needs someone Asher," I say quietly remember what Jake had said to me. "Cause it's the strong ones who are brave enough to ask for help."

We sit in a few minutes of silence until Asher turns to me again and hold my hand. "Do you remember when you told me to figure my shit out?"

I nod.

"Well I did," he says taking a deep breath. "I realized that I might get hurt from doing this, but you are worth every damn pain. When this is all over will you, Thea Cahill, accompany me to a date?"

To stunned to reply I look at him in shock, blinking rapidly I try seeing if this is real life or a dream.

"Thea don't leave me hanging here."