natmarie

Wattpad Name: natmarie

Real Name: Natalie

Title of your first story on Wattpad: Drunk on Love

What inspires you to write: I could go into more detail than anyone would like reading, just because I love to give credit where credit is due and get some pretty unique and sometimes random inspirations. I create characters and story lines from my own life and the people in it. You'd have to be a pretty good puzzle master or sleuth to figure it out, I'd hope. But if you look closely it's there, sparks and slants of people if you read between the lines. Just sitting there among outbursts and witty repertoires, perfectly coiffed hair and warm reassuring eyes, sand between toes and stacks of books. Occasionally a song or clip of dialogue catches my fancy. And as conceited as it might sound sometimes I inspire myself, turning poems or scribbled lines into full-fledged plots and pages of paragraphs. Usually inspiration comes in short bursts in the middle of the night. Kind of like ninjas.

If I had to sum it up in one of those ever so popular lists…

Beginnings. Endings. Middles. Broken hearts. The warm sunshine. You. Me. Them. Us. iPods on shuffle. The breeze through my hair. Nostalgia. Playground equipment. Thunder storms. Love on the mend. Family, and everything that falls in between. Late night chats that spill into mornings. Shooting stars. Silence. Walking contradictions. Oxymorons, sometimes just morons too. Friends. Strangers. Aimless wandering. Gerber daises. Sing-alongs to the radio. Power outages. Photographs. Nights out. Nights in. Books. Tea. Letters. Lines. Memories. Skeptics. Rear view mirrors. Smiles. Laughter. Cities. Grassy fields. Road trips. Believers. Flash forwards. Flashbacks. Raindrops. Dimples. Fireflies. Twisted sheets. Feedback. Dialogue. Sarcasm. Climbing trees. Snow angels. Talented individuals. Old souls. New pens. Journals. Spring. Summer. Fall. Winter. Wonderlands. Never ending questions. The mundane. The unique. LIFE.

What is your favorite Genre:

TO READ: I am a sucker for romance, but I love when a few other genres and cliches are mixed together--in a creative way, not an overwhelming, gag-me way. So yay to best friends that you love to hate or could be a geek to their hot guy. No to soap opera-like plots full of tragic car accidents with aunt's dog's groomer's best friends. I guess I'm not too picky in the long run though. I’ve been drawn to some dystopian, adventure and mysteries lately. I am all for unique back stories, witty banter, memories and a gorgeous pair of eyes no matter the genre.

TO WRITE: Hmm. Now that I take a look at what I have written, I know most have an element of romance. Yeah, I’m that girl. I’ve tried to work in some unique twists here and there. I like it when my characters kind of start acting on their own accord and fall into their own twists and turns of the plot.

What made you choose your User name: nickname + middle name = nothing too deep, creative or sentimental, while still offering a nice layer of privacy.

Do you plan to release more stories on Wattpad: I go back and forth about this all the time, so it only makes sense that it would be a question. I have a love-hate relationship with my work. I have had more work posted in the past and then taken it down in hope to edit and get it back up, but so far nothing has come of it. I have a ton of more ideas floating around my brain and scribbled in notebooks or sitting in word documents in some state of incompletion. I want to focus on the two stories I have up and my poetry right now, so that is what I have up. When I feel I’ve reached a good stopping point with those, who knows what might emerge. Watch for it.

Link to your story that you would like to advertise:

The Art of Spontaneity

http://www.wattpad.com/story/1036648-the-art-of-spontaneity

(Mystery/Romance)

WAKE UP, CALLIE. YOU AREN'T IN KANSAS ANYMORE.

Callie doesn't do off the cuff. Luke lives in the moment. Callie is OCD organized. Luke can't follow an itinerary to save his life. Callie is horribly predictable. Luke thinks he can read her like a book. Then she shows up on his doorstep one summer night unannounced and all that changes.

The past and the present collide as Luke tries to discover what Callie is doing in Surfside and why she is acting so strange. Callie has her reasons and is determined to hide them from him for as long as she can, but she's getting weaker. Luke always was her one shot at spontaneity.

She knows he's bound to put the pieces together--it's only a matter of time. What she doesn’t know is that Luke is harboring some secrets of his own. If the last five years are any indication, things are about to get very complicated.

If you could Inspire your fans and fellow newcomers to Wattpad what would you say: Sometimes writing is hard. So is life. This is no coincidence. Writing is a great way to share a bit of yourself with others. Wattpad allows you to gain a following, to listen to others, and gain insight and inspiration to keep chugging away and writing page after page of words that truly matter to you. Be open to all of that and it can change you and your writing for the better. That said, even though you are able to hear what others think (and that can be invaluable), never forget that you write for you, you write for your characters, you write to share your story. No matter what others think, you can do it.

What is your dream for your stories here on Wattpad: Right now just to complete a story (though I’m not sure how much will be posted)—that is goal number one. But if we are talking dreams here, I suppose, as is for most writers, I’d love to get published—somehow, somewhere. For the time being I’m content on writing whenever and wherever I can and getting feedback on what I have up. Every little bit turns my dream into that much more of a reality.