C h a p t e r 28

~chapter 28~

I rushed up to Michael's house with Ashton by my side. I told him to stay at home because Ashton will be the last person Luke wants to see but he refused

I knocked on the door violently, chewing on my lip in anticipation.

"Hey-"

I cut Michael off, "where is he?" I asked.

"He's... He's upstairs." Michael stepped out of the way to let us enter.

I rushed up the first few steps, turning around when I heard Ashton following.

"You're staying right there." I pointed at Ashton.

He sighed and backed down the steps.

Michael jogged behind me and chucked a pair of keys as I turned to look at him, catching them swiftly.

"What're these for?" I asked, dangling the keys.

"He got a bit physical so I locked him in my room." He explained, "it was getting a bit freaky actually."

"How so?" I asked. We were still standing halfway up the stairs.

"He just had no soul in his eyes and he kept chanting: Violet! So I ran up stairs into my room, he followed me, and then I ran out, almost getting punched in the face, and locked him in there! And hey presto! I'm scared in my own freakin home!" He added, patting his arms at his sides for his sarcastic emphasis on 'hey presto!'.

I sighed and continued up the stairs, searching for a room which was locked.

I tried room no.1, it was a bathroom.

No.2; a closet.

No.3; locked.

"Go away, Michael!" A rough voice screamed loudly through the door.

I placed the key in the lock and pushed the door open.

Luke laid there, at the end of Michael's bed with his legs out in front of him. His eyes were red and puffy, fixated on the chest of drawers in front of him and he was fiddling with a bracelet in his hand.

"I said go away, Michael." He whispered, sniffling his nose after.

I sat down next to Luke, with my legs out exactly like him. After a few moments he stopped fiddling with the bracelet in his hand and his head darted up and his eyes scanned my face.

He pulled himself backwards.

"Violet..?" He whispered, "I thought you hated me."

I shook my head.

"I'm sorry." He blurted out, still sitting a few metres away from me.

"It's okay." I said, "I only bled a little." I chuckled.

He put his face in his hands and started to cry. Well done, Violet, well done. You've made a 17 year old boy cry.

I leaned over and pulled him into my chest. He cried for a good 5 minutes until he looked back up at me. Whilst he was crying I had a good look around Michael's room (y'know, just turning my head). I noticed my name. Everywhere. The painted walls had been scratched with my name in it, the duvet was ripped, there were carvings of my name in the wood of the chest of drawers. Literally everywhere said my name.

"You feeling better?" I asked, eventhough he should be asking me if I felt better since he did almost pound my head in.

He nodded and wiped his face.

"What's with.. The.. Errr.." I pointed around the room.

He scratched the back of his neck as I sighed and stood up, offering a hand for him to take.

He placed his, rather big, hand in mine and I pulled him up, dragging him out of the room.

"I'm sorry." He whispered again.

"No. I'm sorry. My idiot of a brother got to you." I said, placing my hand on his chest, "now, c'mon you've got some people to apologise to downstairs."

His hand was still in mine as we walked down the stairs into the open plan living area.

Ashton and Michael's conversation fizzled out when Luke entered the room, immediately cowering behind me.

"Luke has something to say." I said. Although we were doing this like he was a five year old it seemed to be working.

Luke stepped forward, in front of Ashton and Michael as I hung around in the doorframe.

"I'm sorry Michael, for ruining your bedroom and breaking a few things, almost your nose." Michael nodded in response.

Luke turned around to look at me with his eyebrows raised. I nodded.

"And I'm sorry Ashton for almost suffocating you and knocking you unconscious."

"Yeah." Ashton replied, showing no emotion in his face or voice whatsoever.

Then Luke turned to me, wiping a hand across his red face and eyes.

"And I'm sorry Violet, for knocking your head against a wall, pulling your hair and making you come upstairs and talk to me. I am eternally sorry."

His eyes were pleading and he looked down after a few moments.

"I forgive you." I said.

Everyone's head snapped in my direction.

"Violet! He could've killed you! All he had to do was bash your head against that wall a couple more times and you could've been dead!" Ashton shouted, standing up and gesturing at Luke.

"Ashton has a point," Michael butted in, "he could've killed both of you. And me."

"It was Ashton who made me angry! Shouldn't you be angry at him for making me almost kill all of you!" Luke's eyes were getting darker and everyone could feel the tension in the room.

"You should've been able to control it Luke! You've been practising for a while. And so have I so you should've known better than to let some... Wingless angel - no offence - make you snap!" Michael shouted, placing a hand on each of Luke's shoulders and apologising to Ashton.

"Guys!" I shouted. I needed peace and quiet.

"I want to go home." I said to Ashton, looking him straight in the eyes. He nodded and pulled out his car keys.

"Don't leave me with this nutcase!" Michael bellowed at us.

"Michael. Do you want Ashton to aggravate him again, huh?" I ask him.

Michael shook his head.

"Man up, you're both the same." I said.

I almost added wimps to the end of my line but I didn't think that would help anyone and all I wanted to do right now was go home and sleep, sleep until summer.

Sleep forever to get away from this mad world.

~~~~~~

OMG I've been thinking.

It's weird, I've always wondered if angels and demons existed. Like, deep down in side of us, we either came from hell (demons) or heaven (angels).

Demons know what it's like in the harsh world so they tend not to let anyone body in and are silent people who observe others to find weaknesses, right?

Angels are new, they don't understand how the world can treat you so they are confident and out going, but that deteriorates over time as they know people are judging them, but they always try their best. Probably.

That's what I think; demons are cautious and shy, angels are happy and loud to cover up there innocence.

What are you?

Smile :-D

Bye <3