XV

"The feeling I get when I'm with you, it's addicting."

•••

Maddox.

The past two days Shawn had convinced me to take time off from work. Even though I told him I was fine with what happened he assured me to stay. He said he's seen it before, people get paranoid and he just wanted me to get back to being comfortable.

So all I did was study on the first day and then relaxed after cleaning on the second day. Well technically today was the second day but it was dragging on. No matter what I cleaned I felt bored and like I was just wasting time.

It was barley 1 in the afternoon and I was laying down on my couch. I had a bowl of strawberries next to me and practically ate them all. I sighed as I watched the Titanic for the 50th time.

I then heard a knock on my door, I looked in the direction of it. Ugh it seemed so far away from where I was comfortably laying.

"No ones home so go away." I yelled.

"Not even if I have donuts and coffee?" I heard them ask from behind the door.

I quickly got up and opened the door to find Shawn. He wore a white tshirt, jeans and a matching jean like button up. His curls were growing to the point where you'd find few on his forehead making a c. He had the sleeves of his button up rolled up a little showing his watch and his tattoo.

He had a small box of Krispy Kreme donuts and Starbucks. I opened the door wider for him to walk in.

"You know it's like 1 pm and your idea or lunch is donuts." I told him as he walked over and sat on the couch.

He smiled, "Is that such a bad thing? You can never go wrong with donuts and coffee."

I sat down next to him and nodded, "Yeah you're right."

He opened the box and I grabbed a glazed one. He then handed me my coffee and we continued to watch the titanic. Once we finished our donuts I wanted to know why he showed up. Especially without a text.

"So Mendes why are you here?" I asked before taking a sip from my drink.

He gave me a funny look, "Can't I just bring you donuts and coffee and just check up on you?"

He looked over and draped his arm on the top of the couch behind me. I narrowed my eyes at him in a questioning way. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Okay fine yes I came over with a motive." He confessed.

"And what would that motive be?" I asked.

He smiled, "I want to take you somewhere. I know I told you to take a few days off of work since what happened. So I thought I'd go with you to get fresh air."

I laughed, "Oh really and what did you have in mind?"

He shrugged, "Maybe go to the beach?"

I looked behind him where my window was and seen the gloomy sky. I looked back over at him and raised my eyebrow.

"The beach? While it's gloomy?" I asked.