2. Friends and Favours

{Zedd}

"This is coming as a shock I must say"
I can hear the confusion in Martix's voice and his face is covered with it.

We are currently at the cafeteria where we - and my group of friends Kathy, Xavier and Eve (the walking seduction) - rendezvous to relax and also try to think.

The cafeteria is not as crowded now as it always is. Basically because everyone Is too down and moody to even come to spend some quality food time, which makes it a good place right now for me and Martix to just clear our heads.

I'm sitting facing Martix who's currently munching on a burger and talking with his mouth full. He has a habit of eating during mood swings or when he's just stressed. (something we both have in common)

The broadcast hadn't gone well for anyone this morning. It was clear then that something was wrong and as we left central Hall this morning, walking side by side, I had glanced at him and he'd narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows giving me this look that said 'don't even say 'I told you so'. We had then walked quietly, both looking very much deep in thought.

Right now, all every one has been talking about is the weird news so Martix suggested it'd be better to come here but since we arrived he's been going through theories and starting up the conversation he so wanted to avert in the first place.

I settle into my chair and let my eyes travel around the room, savouring the satisfactory silence. There's a couple sitting in a booth at the other end giggling and cuddling every once in a while. The boy whispers something into her ear and she immediately stares in his eyes, a smile perked on her lips. The look is gentle. It's as if she's staring down at his very soul. I wonder what sweet words he'd casted upon her beating heart. With their gaze still planted on each other, the girl begins to close the little gap between them. The movement is very slow but I know exactly what follows (I'm not stupid) so I decide that I've pretty much seen enough.

"Hey Zedd, are you even listening to me?"

"Huh? What was it you were saying?"

Martix groans, probably frustrated cause he has to repeat himself. "I said, I might have some very vital Information concerning..."

Martix is cut off as the bell over the cafeteria door jingles. Neither one of us moves, the conversation was just starting to get interesting so I nudge him to go on.

"Hey boys," calls a familiar feminine voice.

isn't that -

Martix and I pause spontaneously before simultaneously turning to face the direction where the voice came from.

Eve.

Of course it was Her. No one has as much sass and snark in their voice as she has.

"Hey Eve." Martix and I chorused.

She's just standing there, a couple booths from ours. She puts on a smirk and gives us a lidded gaze. Her waist is tilted to one side and her hand rests on a table while the other fumbles with locks of her dazzling black hair. Her skin glistens under the florescent lightbulbs in the room like she just finished bathing in Attar - won't be surprised if my assumption is correct - and she also has a gum in her mouth which she chews like it all complements her current appearance.
In fact, looking at her right now, i finally realize why she gets most guys drooling over her. She's hot and it's no wonder why Martix always calls her 'The walking Seduction', to which she never refrains from expressing her disgust. She has always been part of our little fun gang and we hang out together - probably why I've never really bothered over how much of a hottie she is. She's just a friend.