Part 6

Later that day Valerie avoided her mother not because of some grudge but because she can't trust the instincts of her beast. She knew her mother is worried for her and wants best for her. Because like most of the female population in the world she too thinks that a woman needs a man to be happy. Her mother was a firm believer of the fairy tales of princesses where princes come and save the day riding the horse acting as knight in shining armour. But she was the knight, she was the hero that she needed in her life. She was the Alpha. She didn't need the saving.

Her mother was very disappointed when she found out that in her teens Valerie turned out to be the though tom boyish sort of girl. But, due to the moon goddess's grace her mother's wish of a girly girl was granted when her youngest daughter Genesis turned out to be the second version of Barbie.

The giggling of Genesis brought Valerie out of her reverie. She contorted her eyebrows together in confusion and followed the source of voice. When she reached there, she immediately closed her eyes and cringed. "Oh God! My eyes! My poor innocent eyes. Both of you maintain a distance of three steps now."

The shuffling of feet was heard, she opened her eyes and looked murderously towards Jason and Genesis who were now looking down sheepishly. Genesis was blushing furiously and Jason was rocking on his feet awkwardly.

"What have I told you both about openly displaying your affection in the halls of my pack house? I warned you Jason that I will kick you out of the pack house if I found you snogging Genesis in the halls" Valerie roared.

"But she is my mate, alpha." Jason whined.

Valerie scoffed. "And she happens to be my sister as well. I don't want you to eat her mouth at every nook and corner of this pack house."

"Alpha, with due respect I am informing you this, mates crave physical assurances now and then. She was gone for three weeks and my wolf was getting restless. I haven't even marked her yet. Clearly you can understand."

Valerie who was looking defeated towards both sighed and said in a meek voice. "Make sure I am out of the pack house or far away from you both."

They both nodded and smiled. She was about to leave them alone when she stopped and looked back and said. "Make sure Kevin and Charles don't find out that Genesis has lost her virginity to you. Or else alpha or not I won't be able to save you Jason. And I want my beta alive."

Jason gulped while Genesis turned crimson. Smiling Valerie left them and went upstairs where she found an amused Cayden smiling standing besides the balustrade.

"What is so funny?" She asked.

"I can see you are not against the mate stuff in general." He replied.

"Why would I be? That is the best thing that can happen with anyone in a life time. And that is the only reason why I still haven't rejected you."

Cayden growled and in the next moment she was thrown against a wall besides the rooms with him hovering over her. She was entrapped by the wall and his arms "Don't you dare say something like that. Ever." He growled.

Valerie gulped seeing the dangerous glint in the eyes of his beast and tried to loosen out of his hold but Cayden closed the remaining distance by moving his body towards her to trap her more. Now his trunk was brushing her bust and Cayden loved the feel of her softness. Valerie gasped at the sensation but that was a mistake because to his wolf it was a voice of pleasure by his mate and the next moment his lips descended on hers and they were kissing in passion.

Soon Valerie came to her senses and she pushed Cayden back. He reluctantly let her go. They were both panting and tried to gain their senses back.

Valerie cleared her throat and tried to divert his attention by asking. "Have you heard from anyone in your pack?"