Chapter XIV

Chapter Fourteen | Sibling
_______

The constant throbbing from the side of is was woke me up, I don't know how long I laid on my back, while staring up at the ceiling. It could have been minutes, hours, or days, who knows? My failed attempt of leaving left me numb and the bite. . .

I shivered, pulling the covers more over my shoulders until the duvet was tucked under my chin. My mind ran with possible scenarios of me staying here and raising a child or the thought and idea of Maddie throwing a search party for me. A smile pulled at my lips at that. There was another part of my brain that's telling me to just give up and find out exactly what my reason is for being here.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, I was engulfed in darkness beside the small beams of light from the street lights. Guessing by how dark it was, it had to be around seven or eight. My stomach grumbles in hunger as I slowly push myself into a sitting position, resting my weight on my arms, the side of my neck still throbbing. The room was producing a slight cool breeze from the loss of heat when all of a sudden the hair on my arms stands on end.

I realized that I wasn't alone in the room.

My muscles lock while I shift my eyes over every corner in the room, my heart lurches in my chest when my gaze collides glowing blue eyes that seem to glow in the shadow. She stares at me and I stare at it, neither one of us looking away, my hands clench around the bed sheet in fear. The figure takes a step forward and I could barely make out a feminine form, letting me know that this wasn't Delano.

My heart skips a few beats.

"Ah!" the soft voice gasps, causing me to jump. "I love it when you beings do that, the slight stutter of your little hearts," I hear her mutter.

She takes another step forward, and the light breaching from the parted curtains falls over her, lighting up half of her body. I could finally see the red tresses onto of her head, the pale complex of her skin, and the structure of her face. She was beautiful and looked no older than sixteen.

"It's nice to finally meet you."

I guess the slight confusion on my face was shone as she let out a breathless laugh that sounded like bells ringing sweetly in a chapel. With such gracefulness that I've only seen Delano with, she glided from the corner of the room and lowered herself to the edge of the bed.

Her pale skin contrasted more from the light bleeding in, and there was a twinkle along her skin. My eyes snapped up to stare into hers, the words falling from my lips faster than I can think them.

"Who are you?" I request.

The side of her lips pulls up higher into a bigger smile, "Well, I'm Kyri, the dearest sister of the man who has impregnated you," she says, swinging her legs on the bed and crossing them.

My eyebrows shoot up, "Delano has a sister?" I splutter, incredulously, despite the shock that zipped through me.

I couldn't begin to understand how such a sweet looking girl such as her self, is related to that. . . demon. I shuddered. There was no way, but I couldn't jump to any conclusions outrageously, I don't know a damn thing about him besides his name.

"Apparently so," she sighs almost like a defeated one, though her smile doesn't go away, "I'm stuck with him for eternity," her eyes glint as she says that.