Chapter Thirty-Five

You've been stranded for about three days now. The both both decided to make yourselves at home since you most likely would not be rescued soon if not at all.
    2-D grabbed a stick which was split in the middle. He planted it into the sand. He made sure it was stable before wrapping the strap of his mask on one side of the stick while propping up the mask with the over the other side.
    You struggled to push two logs together. It made a great seating area. It was almost like a wooden couch. Some of  the many birds around the island decided to contribute to the building of the "shelter", dropping seaweed on the top of the logs. Unfortunately, there weren't enough materials what so ever to build somewhere safe and comfortable to rest. Just sticks, rope, trash, and a life saver.
    While you went off and collected fallen palm tree leaves and sticks and bark for fire wood, 2-D tried to collect food. Which he was terrible at of course, he managed to grab a few coconuts. That was all. Though there were very limited sources of food there were still other selections; crabs, seaweed, and whale blubber. You couldn't eat seagulls as they were impossible to catch and you assumed 2-D was too scared to catch crabs or it was too difficult for him. That prediction was true.

"All you've done is grabbed four coconuts and made a decoration out of your mask...? Really...?" You scolded.

"I'm sorry luv, I'm tired an' anxious an' I con' only dew' so much at a time. I'm trying tew' cut off pieces of fhis' whale tew' cook wif' my knife but yeuw' con' use eht' for somefink' more useful I'm sure of eht'." All you could here was exhaustion in his poor voice.

You carefully took the knife out of his hand, "It's okay, I understand."

    You managed to grab two crabs. One was fairly larger then the other
average-sized one. Skipping back to 2-D, you saw that he actually took the leaves you gathered and made something that resembled a bed out of them. He used the life saver as a pillow. It wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep in the world but

"Is that our bed?" You asked with slight curiosity.

2-D scratched the back of his neck."Well I mean, I tried...I don' know if eht's good enough fough'."

"It's honestly the best we can do so don't worry about it. Looks great." You comforted him, trying to sooth his anxiety and worries, you wrapped your arms around his torso and gently kissed him all around his body.

"I'm lucky tew' ave' yeuw' n' my life, I reallay' am."

You blushed a tiny bit, "Same goes for you."

2-D kissed the top of your head, letting go of you and sat down on one of the logs. You began a dig a hole in the sand, the grains scratching against your hands. It was about a foot deep by the time it was done. 2-D tilted his head in confusion. He then saw you return with some bark from one of the near by trees.

"Wot's fhis' for?"

"I'm going to cover the bottom and the sides of this hole with wood and make a lid to go on top," you explained, "it is for me to put the live crabs into while we look around for other things or talk together or whatever. That way, the crabs can't climb out."

"Why don' we just kill em'? Fen' we wouldn't ave' to cover eht?" He questioned.

"Well, it would be fresh food instead of rotting when we are hungry."

"Ahhh okay, makes sense, reallay' eht' does."

You laughed a little, "Well of course it does. Why would I do it if it wasn't?"

****

Though the daylight's heat practically burned your skin, the nights on this island were almost as cold as ice. The stars' light was dimmed due to clouds layering over the sky. The only thing keeping you warm at the moment was the dying fire that you had cooked crabs only about an hour ago. You started the fire using a glass shard from a shattered beer bottle and held it to the sun. The heat eventually set the wood on fire in a small. You didn't want to use too much wood tonight. You didn't know how much longer you'd be on the island and what you could and couldn't afford to use.
As you laid there, you looked up at the bench, staring at 2-D. He had his face down, holding his head while clenching his teeth, his eyes looked as if they were glued shut. He had the most painful look on his face.

"Psst, Stuart, come here...you need to lay down."

He groaned and looked the opposite direction.

"Please...? I'm cold, come here and rest next to me."

He sighed dramatically, "Okay."

As he stood up and walked closer you could see goosebumps covering his arms. The thinner the person, the easier the person gets cold. That's why the whale of yours has blubber; to prevent him from freezing in the cool, dark waters in which he used to roam through.

"Gawd', I need my pain killers and some cigarettes. I want tew' make my fokin' migraines go away." He whined, getting comfortable next to you.

You tangled your bodies together, "We will get you some eventually I promise."

"I just wawnt' tew' go home! Fhat's aol' I wawnt' to do!"

2-D was frustrated as hell and on the verge of tears. You wouldn't be as nearly this calm in this situation but for 2-D's sanity, you had to be. It was a difficult act to keep up but you did your best.

You wiped the tears off of his frigid face. He held your hand against his cheek, "We will be home as soon as possible. We will get through this and be safe, okay? You're always the one to think positively, I can't do it alone."

"O-okay, we will make eht' through' fis'." His voice had a more confident tone.

It made you feel more intact. It made you happier and that's all you needed to hear from him to make you fell that certain way.