CH. 12

[JEJU'S HOTEL]

Taeran was in the bathroom, drying her wet hair with a towel when her cellphone rings.

She picked up her cellphone and it was from Yoongi.

TAERAN: "Yes, Yoongi oppa?"

YOONGI: "You're in Jeju Island with Jungkook?"

TAERAN: "Yes I am. Why did you ask? Isn't you're the one who asked Hyebin unnie to make the arrangement for us?"

Yoongi went silent, which causes her to have a slight uneasiness.

YOONGI: "Uh... yes I did. I have so many things going on, I just forgot about it."

TAERAN: "Is that the reason why you call me?"

YOONGI: "No. I need you to do something for me."

--

Jungkook came back into the room after standing at the balcony for almost 30 minutes. He paused at the sight of Taeran, also coming out from her room.

She was carrying a blanket in her hands and also paused when she sees him too.

JUNGKOOK: "Are you done showering?"

She nodded.

TAERAN: "Here's a blanket, just in case it gets cold."

He smiled and strolled over.

JUNGKOOK: "Thank you."

He grabbed onto the blanket when she handed it to him but then just continued to stand there and stared at her.

Her clear, no makeup face and her wetted hair that flows down her pale neck, also her white pajamas that slightly shows her undergarment under the light, gives him the feeling that he didn't want.

He turned away and walked over to put the blanket on the sofa. He needs to keep his distance, at least for times like this.

He didn't want to do anything that he'll regret doing afterward. Especially, for her.

TAERAN: "Tomorrow evening, there's a fashion event that I need to attend. Do you mind going with me?"

He turned back to her with a slight confusion.

JUNGKOOK: "I... didn't see that on the schedule?"

TAERAN: "It wasn't on the schedule. Ellie just called me a second ago, telling me that I was invited and that I needed to attend the event. Since, we are both in this project together; I thought you might want to come along."

He smiled and nodded.

JUNGKOOK: "If you are going, I might as well go with you. I won't let you go anywhere alone without me."

Her heart fluttered at his words. She smiled and nodded back at him.

TAERAN: "I'm... going to bed now. Good night."

She turned around to her room.

JUNGKOOK: "Wait."

She stopped and turned back to him.

He approached her and his hand reached out to button up the top three buttons of her pajamas that she had left it open.

Her chest heaved up and down nervously at his touch.

JUNGKOOK: "When you're with a man alone like this, even if showing yourself wasn't on purpose, a man can think differently."

His gaze shifted up to meet contact with hers. The closeness between them makes it hard for them to breathe.